x

Is there a way to create a date based automated Follow up Email that doesn't require an appointment?

I'm currently using Mailchimp to send out automated emails but I would love to use Square Marketing instead to have an all encompassing app. My current issue is, with Mailchimp, I'm able to send out outomated emails to clients to remind them to come in for a follow up. I have it set to send out 3 weeks after their last appointment. I dont require appointments. Mailchimp and Sqaure don't integrate and I'm really busy that i dont have time to go through and enter / update client information everytime someone comes in, so i  was really hoping if there was a way to use the Square marketing to send out a similar datebased follow up email that doesn't require an appointment? Or create an automated campaign that isn't stuck to the specific perameters of birthday, new customer, or coupon for lapsed customers.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Hey @CrimsonMoon, welcome to the seller community and thanks for bringing this up!

While we don't offer a specific automated template that works exactly as you've described, I think I have a solution that may get you where you need to be. You can set up a lapsed customer campaign, and remove the coupon altogether. To do this, head over to the Campaigns tab > create a lapsed customer campaign as normal > from the Design screen, clarify that this is friendly reminder with no appointment needed, then remove the coupon by hovering over the module and clicking the red "x" > Continue > Activate. This should allow you to send email reminders without committing to a coupon or appointment.

Finally, be sure that you've set your Lapsed customer group timing to three weeks from the Directory > Lapsed > Edit Group > 3 Weeks > Save.

Hope this helps get you where you need to be. If I'm missing the mark or it isn't working quite right, please let me know and I'll be happy to run this by our Customer Engagement team for a closer look.🙂

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 4

Thank you! I'll try this option out. 

I think now the only isue would be to have them automatically removed from the lapsed group when the email is sent so they're not constantly getting follow up emails. or does it already do that?

Message 3 of 4
Admin

Ah yes—good point! I went to check on this and I have a few more details on how the automated for lapsed customer emails go out:

• Email campaigns for lapsed customers will only result in one email being sent out at the designated time indicated in Directory.
  • Emails will only start sending out to customers who have visited your business three times. After that, the they will start receiving reminders as indicated.
  • In addition, a lapsed customer email campaign is not triggered by Appointments and is contingent on your customer making a purchase from the Point of Sale app.

I realize that this isn't perfect. Rest assured that I'll be sharing your post with our Customer Engagement team, and pointing out that offering more control of timing, frequency, and an integration for Appointments with automated campaigns would be helpful for your business. Apologies for any extra work in the meantime. Keep in touch for updates and let us know if any other questions come up.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 4 of 4