x

Is there a way to set discount shopwide?

I know a discount can be set individually but I was wondering if there is a way to set a discount shopwide. Using a free plan at the moment.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Super Seller

Hello @kmgy and thanks for your question. Are you offering a discount on your website on in person through the Square App, terminal, or Register? It's just a matter of terminology and how a discount is applied. In your website online these are called coupons.

If it's online, go to your online dashboard, and select ITEMS, COUPONS. Then ADD A COUPON. You can set a percent discount on ALL orders.

If you're selling in person, go to your dashboard, and select ITEMS, DISCOUNTS. Then CREATE A DISCOUNT. Choose a percentage or dollar amount off. Then under Automatic Discount,  turn on Discount Rules. Then under APPLY TO ITEMS, select the check box at the top of the column to automatically select the box next to all of your items. This will apply the discount to ALL ITEMS.

Hope this helps, and happy selling with Square!

Message 2 of 4

Hello, thank you for your reply.

It's online(the e-commerce website). I also noticed the coupon function. The coupon has to be applied first or access via the link that coupon generates in order to see the discounted price on the site. I was wondering if there is a straight forward way to give a discount shopwide without having to apply a coupon and displays the discounted price(and hopefully before discount price too) by default. So I assume no such an option right now?

Message 3 of 4
Super Seller

@kmgyYou are correct, the coupon would have to be "applied" to an order by the shopper and isn't automatically applied. A work-around here would be to announce and promote your coupon code by utilizing the banner option on your website. If you edit your homepage, you should be able to apply a banner to the top of your page and use this to announce your coupon code to site shoppers. You could also do a popup that would also announce your coupon.

The other workaround would have to be applied to each item individually, but it would automatically put that item on sale. If you edit your site items, you should see a place to input Price, and then another for Sale Price. Adding a Sale Price will put that item on sale and it will show up on your website as such.

Hope maybe these might work a bit for you until a better solution is found.

Message 4 of 4