x

Is there a way to set the "Item Type"?

Is there a way to set the "Item Type" to always default to 'Physical'? Right now it is defaulting to 'goods and services' and I have to remember to change it every time.

It never did that before. It has only started doing that recently. I am referring to when I add a "site item" in the online section, NOT when I'm in the square app

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Square Community Moderator

Welcome to the Seller Community, @hlafore1 👋

Can you please confirm that it is "goods and services" and not "prepared food and beverage"? I know we have had some sellers reach out about the food type item, but I was not aware of an item type marked "goods and services". 

Thanks in advance! 

Message 2 of 5

I'm having the same issue but all my items are defaulting to "prepared food and beverage". I looked everywhere in the settings to see if there is somewhere an option to change it, but can't find anything . Has there been an update? seems like that's another glitch that's causing this? 

Message 3 of 5
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Riverdel,

Thanks for writing in and sorry to hear about the trouble with your items. Please reach out to our support team here when you have a moment so we can take a closer look. 

Message 4 of 5

Oops yes it was the Food and beverage setting. It looks like it got fixed. That fantastic!! Thank you

Message 5 of 5