x

Is there a way to transfer my customer directory from one Square account to another?

[The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Is there a way to transport data from previous account to new account?]

As square does not let sellers change the owner name, is there a way to transport customer information from the previous account? I can't afford to lose my customer information.

Thanks for your time!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Hey @Moorimgoong!

There's definitely a way to do this!

You can export your entire customer list directly from your online Square dashboard on your current Square account. To do so:

1. Visit Customers in your online Square Dashboard
  2. Click Import / Export > Export Customers.
  3. Select the groups you’d like to export customers from. If a customer exists in multiple groups, they will only be exported once.
  4. Click Download.

A .CSV file will download to your computer, which you can open using Excel or another common spreadsheet software.

Then, you can import the same file into the new account.

To import your Customer List:

1. Visit the Customers page, click Import/Export at the top-right corner. Be sure you’re importing a .CSV file. XLS or other file formats will not import successfully > click Import.
  2. Drag and drop your customer .CSV file into the upload field or click select it from your computer to upload the file > click Continue.
  3. Add this customer .CSV file to an existing customer group or create a new group.
  4. To add customers to an existing customer group, click the drop-down menu and select a group from the list.
  5. To create a new customer group, enter a group name and select create new in the drop-down field > click Continue.
  6. Confirm that your customers’ information are in the correct columns. If there are errors, click the drop-down menu to the right of the field and select the correct field. Note: Use the Notes attribute to keep all the information that doesn’t align with our predefined fields.
  7. Click Import to move this group to your Customer Directory.

Please let me know if you have any questions about this 😊

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 2 of 4

Hi,

I have just taken over an antique shop. In doing so I am wondering if I can transfer the customer base from the old account into my new account.

Thanks for your help!

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Hey @Crweathervane! Welcome to the Community and congrats on your first post. 🏆

I found an existing thread in the Community for the same question by searching and merged your post here.

Check out @isabelle's answer above for step by step instructions. 🙂

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4