x

Is this barcode scanner compatible?

Has anyone tried this barcode scanner https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074H1S1HJ/ref=crt_ewc_title_huc_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1BNP2CRKOIL... ? I have an Android Tablet that I use for my register and I also have an Iphone7+ that I could use. 

Message 1 of 7
1 Best Answer
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

That scanner is not compatible.  Here is the list of compatible Hardware for Android tablets, and here for iPads.  You cannot hook up a scanner to iPhone.  

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

That scanner is not compatible.  Here is the list of compatible Hardware for Android tablets, and here for iPads.  You cannot hook up a scanner to iPhone.  

Message 2 of 7

what makes certain scanners compatible and others not compatible with square even if it is designed to work with tablets and phones?

Message 3 of 7
Super Seller Alumni

Just like any product hardware connection is one thing, software connection is another.  

Message 4 of 7

Why can you not connect the socketmobile scanner to an iPhone? In the manual I received with it, it states can use with iPad, iPod Touch and iPhones.

Message 5 of 7
Super Seller Alumni

There are many models of Socket,  It must be a 7Ci.  Is this what you have?

Message 6 of 7

Has anyone gotten another scanner to work other than the Socket. I need one but I can't put out $200 right now.

Message 7 of 7