x
Beta Member

Issues with DoorDash Intergration

Good Evening everyone,

I have been attempting to get the integration with square POS and DoorDash to work for awhile now and have had zero luck and customer support with both square and DoorDash hasn't been the most helpful as they each say it's not their side having the issue but the other side BUT I do feel that the integration is having issues on the DoorDash side and their customer service has been the worst. 

So here is my situation. I have both a Square POS account, clearly, as well as a DoorDash account. I have sent though DoorDash to setup the integration and all seems well when I login to square and approve permissions.

Dash.jpg
The issue occurs when it attempts to find the menu to import and I get that there are no "active locations. We have in our square 3 locations, one M-F location which is a physical location, one shown in photo below, and two others we use for events that are mobile. We want the one below that is a physical location to be the one that DoorDash uses but I can't past this point and no one seems to be able to help. 

Store.jpg 

I also attempted update the permissions on the DoorDash site with Square and when doing so I get this message after updating. So I am not sure if this is the issue but the integration shows up with both Square and with DoorDash.

Intergration.jpg

So I am looking to see if anyone else has had issues like this and if anyone has any advice or the correct person to speak with at DoorDash or Square to get this resolve and get this integration up and running. 

Thank You Jen

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Beta Member

I too am having high frustration when getting my pics to show up on DoorDash and keep getting shuffled around between Square and Doordash support. 

When I was trying to publish my location, there was an issue like this getting stuck and DoorDash helped me. I had to restart the integration process again to get it to work. 

Good Luck to you.

****SQUARE please do better with support !!!

Message 2 of 13
Square Community Moderator

Hello, @jenwilson, and welcome to the Seller Community 👋

I took the time to look into our end of the equation (Square's end of the integration) and we have evidently authorized DoorDash to access your account and obtain the information needed to successfully integrate. The screenshot below comes from your Apps & Integrations page which shows a successful integration between Square and DoorDash (from our end).

In this case, since you have spoken with Door Dash and they claim the problem is on our end, we will need them to provide you with a support ticket number and an explanation of how they got to the conclusion that this particular setup step in your account is not moving forward. With that ticket and the details, our direct support team can escalate this to our Partnership Integrations team.

I know it seems like we are just pointing to one another. However, our front lines of support can only troubleshoot how to connect and disconnect integrations. At this time, this integration is maintained by DoorDash. I hope that your problem is addressed soon.

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 3 of 13
Beta Member

@JJ_ I looked at my Apps and Integrations page and it matches just fine. I also did the step of sending my ticket number over twice. I was told that someone from the 'engineering team' would look into it.  The last time I was told that the ticket expired so I have to create a new ticket with Square in order for them to look into it again. So you can understand my frustration.

I will create another ticket maybe reference this thread and my previous communications and see if that gets me anywhere.

I hope that the originator of this thread also gets her issues addressed. Thank you for your response.

Message 4 of 13

Hi! I would like to know if you had any luck getting this fixed? I am also having the exact same problem.

Message 5 of 13
Beta Member

Nope! Support is useless. I swear its the Achilles heel of Square. Please let me know if you get anywhere and I will do the same

Message 6 of 13

Sadly I'm in exactly the same boat here.

Message 7 of 13

Square has the worst customer service and I can feel the pain. I had a similar use and looks like doordash is not connecting to your correct location. Unless you get a sensible support tech on either side you will continue to have this issue. When you contact doordash, make sure they are pointing to menu for your correct location. 

Message 8 of 13
Square Community Moderator

Hey there @Bullet650 @rmocklerMM

I am so sorry you guys are having such difficulties with this Doordash integration, and are getting bounced around. In complicated cases like yours most likely non of the front-line support on either DoorDash or Square will be able to aid to address the situation. For situations like yours that are a bit more complicated can email posprovidersupport@doordash.com.

I hope this information is helpful!

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 9 of 13

I am having this exact same problem with BOTH DoorDash and UberEats. And the problem appears in identical form, with identical results: Square claims the integration is there, and the other two say it's not. Since it happens with BOTH in the SAME WAY, I'm guessing this is a square problem. Going to try and get phone support now. Pray for me.

Message 10 of 13

I am having the same issue. I have been on the phone with DoorDash and they are of no help.

Message 11 of 13

The problem is that there's 2 versions of Square integrations available on DoorDash. You wouldn't even know. I made a number of calls back and forth. This is 100% a DOORDASH problem.

SOLUTION: Call DoorDash, select your language, select 3 for merchant, select 3 for onboarding issues. You will be directed to DoorDash's offshore team. They may not understand the next part. Stress this or call back until you get someone that understands. Tell them you have followed the onboarding process on the website but the DoorDash team needs to complete a manual verification and review and you need to be transferred to the onboarding team. THIS IS IMPORTANT. The first tier support cannot do anything for you. You need to be directed to what I assume is their 2nd tier support that sounds like it's onshore. They will then enable things for you and it will work.

Message 12 of 13

Hi there! For the future if you are having the same trouble (it's said it is a common issue) here is what you gotta do. Problem is after Doordash asked for permission from Square, they are getting an authorization which is then not being automatically recognized.  And Doordash guys can not see it on their side for some reasons, Square ones not warning. So Doordash Integration Team can react only when you call them directly. To reach them out when you are calling press language button, 3 for Merchant, 2 for Account issues and then finally 5 for Integration Issues. OR in your Merchant Portal press help button and describe your problem. Ask for Codi, what a nice guy who resolves the issue within 10 min. I hope your same problem will be resolved that easy.  

Message 13 of 13