x

Item Name Mistake and questions about using other apps with Square

Hi Everyone, I use square for two different purposes. I receive funds for coaching. And, I also sell items. The other day, my associate working with me sold an item, and he sold it as an "uncategorized item", because he wanted to give a discount and struggled with the discount feature. So, he just created the sale as "uncategorized" for $15 and the sales tax went through. Well, this is a big issue, because now this item does not tie back to it's SKU, which is CH1. And, now it will be harder for me to pull this sale out from the coaching income. Incidentally, I use Acuity for my coaching scheduling and square for the payment. So, it would be great if acuity could label all the coaching income for me, instead of calling it uncategorized. And, i also want to correct the error on item CH1 to make sure that my accounting is ok. And finally, a 3rd question relates to paying sales tax quarterly which I have to do. I can't use Quickbooks to figure out how much sales tax that i owe because Acuity sends me the money, after they have pulled out their fee. This means that I have to go back later and complete a journal entry to include the Square Fee. Is that how you all handle this as well? Thanks, Elena
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Super Seller

If someone bypasses the items and just uses the keypad to enter a sale it will be Uncategorized.  There is not a way to go back and change finished transactions.  If it was a cash sale you could refund it and ring it back up correctly, if it was a credit card sale you can't refund it without having access to the customer's credit card to charge again.

as for sales tax, I'm not sure exactly what the issue is because Square calculates that at the time of sale and the fees Square charges don't affect the tax.

Message 2 of 2