x

Laptop square appts to google calendar...

I set an appointment on my laptop square calendar, but I could not figure out how to get it to sync with my Google calendar on my phone so it would show up there.  I ended up having to just put the appointment on my phone Google calendar manually.  However, then I had 2 appointments for the same person at the same time show up on my calendar on my laptop square calendar.  How can I resolve this if I set the appointment through square on my computer?

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Community Moderator

Hello, 

Have you tried syncing your calendars through your Appointments Dashboard? Check out the steps below. I've also included a screenshot for reference. 

1. Navigate to Business Settings in your Square Appointments account.
  2. Under Calendar Integration, click Synchronize New Calendar.
  3. Select Google Calendar > click Next.
  4. Click Connect to Google Calendar to authorize the sync.
  5. Choose one of the following options: 
    Import: Import your Google Calendar to your Square Appointments Calendar 
    Export: Export your Square Appointments Calendar to your Google Calendar 
    Both: Import your Google Calendar and export your Square Appointments Calendar
  6. Click Next.
  7. Set your Import and Export Settings: 
     For Import: Select which Google Calendar to import into the selected Square Appointments’ Calendar. 
     For Export: Select the Square Appointments Staff’s Calendar to export to your Google Calendar.

You might need to log in to your Google account to give Square Appointments permission to access your calendar.

It can take up to 30 minutes for your calendars to sync and only future appointments are synced.

Another important thing to know is that you’re only able to edit or delete events from the calendar where you originally created the event. This means that while calendar events can be imported into your Square Appointments calendar from Google Calendar, they can only be edited within Google Calendar if that is where they were created.

I know that was a lot of information to digest at once, so let me know if you have any questions. 

Message 2 of 2