x

Line item reports with items sold, net totals, fees and shipping costs

When we export our reports we currently have to look at several separate summaries to get an idea of our sales history. We need one report that displays items sold (by line item), shipping, net totals and fees. I'll list our current workflow so you can see the insanity it takes to produce a very simple result that every other competitor to Square provides in a simple export...

Step 1. Go to Transactions > Export 

Gather Fees and Net Totals

However, items are listed in one cell combined with shippingso we cannot accurately gather the net totals because it combined it with shipping!

Step. 2. Go to Reports > Item Sales > Export > Detail CSV

Open CSV in Excel

All orders are displayed as line items, which is correct

Turn on Filter for the table

Select all 'shipping' related line items

Gather totals for each item

Step 3. Go through and calculate the Square fee (2.9% + $0.30) for each item sold in a spreadsheet. 

For our accounting team this is an absolute nightmare. We need answers ASAP. Not workarounds. Yes, we are aware of other posts on your discussion boards related to this topic that @Sean and @Helen have combined here. However, these are NOT solutions to the problem we've clearly outlined above.

We need to see it like this:

Item A

Shipping for Item A

Net Total for Item A

Fees for Item A

Sincerely,

An unhappy Square customer awaiting an expert-level response.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Square Community Moderator

Hello @bumperplugs

Thanks for your feedback. 

I wish there was a way to customize a report with such detail. However, we suggest third party integrations for advanced reports like the ones found in your Square App Marketplace. Square offers several accounting apps that can integrate with your business to provide professional and detailed reports. Many of our sellers use Intuit QuickBooks Online as a workaround. It's worth a try!

We will make sure to update you here with any changes. 

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 2 of 3

Is there anything in the works for a by customer detailed item report? I can export the invoices, but I would love to know the item detail on those invoices as well. It would be great if we can create something like that.

Message 3 of 3