x

Listing Items Without Price

I have reached out to support and they have not been helpful. I am a consultant and I would prefer to discuss pricing with potential clients. However, the backend will not allow me to list items without a price. Is there a workaround that I am missing?

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Message 1 of 7
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi there, @msekonefraser - thanks for reaching out here on the Seller Community! Welcome!

Good question here. As of now, the ability to list items for sale on the Online Store without a set price is considered a Feature Request. The only workaround that I would suggest would be to list your potential services with the explicit description that pricing is subject to discussion.

I realize that this workaround is not ideal, so I will leave your post up here in hopes to generate some ideas from your peers. 

Let me know if you have any additional questions!

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Best Answer

Hi there, @msekonefraser - thanks for reaching out here on the Seller Community! Welcome!

Good question here. As of now, the ability to list items for sale on the Online Store without a set price is considered a Feature Request. The only workaround that I would suggest would be to list your potential services with the explicit description that pricing is subject to discussion.

I realize that this workaround is not ideal, so I will leave your post up here in hopes to generate some ideas from your peers. 

Let me know if you have any additional questions!

Joe
Message 2 of 7

I am also very keen to see this be possible to do for the same reason.

I hope the Square Team see this as a PRIORITY Feature to implement.

It would not be difficult to introduce.

Message 3 of 7

One of my suppliers contacted me and said we can list their products on our website but we are not allowed to show pricing. This feature is important!

Message 4 of 7

Welcome to the Community, @clackamas

Appreciate you taking the time to add your voice to this Feature Request. 

It's been flagged for our Product Team to take a look into adding something like this to our platform in the future. 

Kassi
Message 5 of 7

One of the ways I have gotten around this is to actually place a 0 (zero) in the price box.  Then when they add the variation or option they choose I price it there.  I am assuming it would be the same for your product.  then you could just put in the description that you will discuss pricing at contact.  ??  Just an idea.

Jeannie Davis
Message 6 of 7

Great suggestion, @Mrsmacdood  😊 Thank you for sharing!

Message 7 of 7