x

Locations displayed on receipts

Hi there!

I am brand new here and just started with Square.  I have noticed that my physical location is showing up on the digital receipt that customers receive.  I've read through some of the forums, made sure my location is toggled to off, and tried some of the other steps, but I don't know how tell if it is for sure not listed anymore.  On the receipt tab where you can set everything up, it is displaying it without my address, but it was doing that PRIOR to any sales as well.  I am not comfortable having my physical location being sent to customers all over the place.  Any suggestions would be wonderful and greatly appreciated.  Also, I am trying to set up email communication, but it says my email is not verified.  I went the suggested route and created one that is name@mywebsite.com (example), but it won't let me save it because it keeps prompting it as unverifie...

Thank you!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Super Seller

Hello @1673farmco thanks for your post. You can double check all of your business receipt information directly from the Receipts tab in the Online Dashboard. Check this setting...In Account & Settings -> Receipt, the Show Location box should be unchecked. Also, under Locations, set the address to Mobile.

Can you confirm that what you're seeing the address on, is in fact a receipt, and not a confirmation email? The confirmation email  is for your records only and separate from the receipt your customers receive.

As far as your custom email, do you have setup that domain? Is this a brand new email address you're just now creating, or an email address you've been using? It can get tricky with email forwarding. For example, have you registered mywebsite.com so your Square website connects to this address, or is your website still something like square.mywebsite.com? I use a gmail address, but I have that setup with gmail to use my custom domain email. You may need to contact your host email provider.

Message 2 of 3

As far as the address goes, I figured out it is not on the receipt, but instead is at the bottom underneath the receipt and says,

”This email was sent by 1673 Farm Co” and lists my address and phone number.  I think it has something to do with the address I used to register my business.

Yes, I created a gmail account when I first set up square then I switched to a custom domain and had the option to use Google Workspace to create a custom email using my domain.  That is the email that’s not verified and I don’t know how to verify it, but it also throws the same error when I try using the original gmail one as well.

So confusion, ha!

Message 3 of 3