x

Making an IPad Mini 2 Work

After doing almost everything ahead of time before ordering a stand i just went thru all the options here on square online store to find not a POS with cash drawer etc but a stand to fo touchless payments and swipe cards well i have an ipad mini 2 i purchased thru my at&t business phone acct when i started my business acct and its a tad bit shy of what older stands square has produced in the past i had one person respond on ebay that the 2nd Gen stand would work and when i search its not compatible per the square look up... Question is i want a stand like those in my hair salon and the new ones are too big mine doesnt fit is there something i can put on my ipad like a particular kind of case and then i could use the stand? There has to be a way for this to work. On top of all the time spent and my online website still isnt published because of the multiple issues ive experienced i need to have this in my salon and operational for my cyber weekend small business satirdsy sale i have posted online.what is the solution for me? 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

HI, Have you tried a search on Amazon for universal stands?  

Terri

🛍 Shop my store

Resale Collection - http://bit.ly/HangerHues

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 2 of 6

Honestly no didnt think that was an option i figured square to have the stand with the swiping capabilities i truly didnt know this was such a major issue otherwise i would have chose a different vendor for all of this im reading Im not alone on this forum with compatibility issues....what should i look into 

Message 3 of 6
Square Community Moderator

Hey @QJR,

To add onto what @Goldneye said, you can check the compatibility of the iPad mini 2 with our hardware on this page.

Apple has dropped support for the iPad mini 2 meaning it won't be able to update to the latest versions of iOS which makes it pretty much incompatible with our hardware or it will soon since the app also requires the latest version of iOS to work together with it. 

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 6

So representative from square heres a question since u said that and my brand new phone which is android states it cant use your program yet and my ohone is 2 months old u guys only seem to be compatible with apple. If i have to go get another ipad #1- what is the appropriate version or model that is going to be totally compatible with ur equipment and operating systems and. #2 if i have to buy a new ipad contact ur customer service and finance me for a new equipment purchase one cuz u wont ...Hair By Jessica Romano LLC (Griffith Indiana

)..u guys are totally a trip for real sad part is I already cancelled my styleseat booking software when i transferred this and had a hell of a time taking 5 years worth of information out of that program and putting it in here 4 weeks ive been working on all the new things to offer my clients and now this.....i just celebrated 5th year in business friday i will not disappoint my clients again with shabby crappy looking checkout equipment but were coming out of a shutdown financially when the state of indiana didnt do jack for us self employed hair stylists that were denied unemployment 3 times and even have an EIN number help a small business out Jesus in 2020 we just cant win 

Message 5 of 6

Just typed your response in fhe search bar ummmm thats not what im looking for i really want to know is there a square option for my ipad i can purchase used i can look on all platforms .....im gonna be a little ticked if i gotta go that route and have it all mixed matched in my salon only thing that is current on this website is that POS and its not ab option for me im a small salon 

Message 6 of 6