x

Multiple Squares, One Account, One Location

Hello Community -

I am particularly dull this weekend and I am fervently hoping this can get up and running this weekend.

Our Troop has a Christmas Tree Lot.  We have one bank account.  We own three Squares and hopt to use them at the same time in the same location.  How do I do this?  I thought if I set up a Device with a device code I could send the device code to the appropriate phone/tablet and my cashier could then use that device to accept payments.  If this is how it is supposed to work it did not.  Every single time we tried the device code or made a new device code to use it came back as **Incorrect Device Code.  Please check your device code and try again.**.  

Help!  How do I allow three different folks to each use a different device to accept payments funneling into one account?

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Super Seller

To simplify it you can simply log in to all three devices with the email address and password you signed up with. 

The device code works on my phone but we mostly just log in with the master account. 

Message 2 of 15

Thank you for the reply.  We can work this way.  I am hoping to not do this as we have several adults and some Scouts using the Squares.  Does this mean it is not possible to use the device codes?

Message 3 of 15
Super Seller

You can use device codes. I do on some devices. I was just telling you it was possible without the codes. 

Make re sure you are copy and pasting the device code as it is long and easy to mistype. Also when logging in you have to choose device code because it defaults to email password. 

Message 4 of 15

Thank you for the reply.   I can NOT get the device codes to work on any device.  I have been scrupulous about inputting the correct device code.  Are you telling me device codes do not work?  Shouldn't they?

I am looking for an answer to my first question.  Is it possible and if so how?

Message 5 of 15
Square

@BSATroop3 - Device codes should absolutely work for logging into devices. You've followed the steps laid out in this Support Center article? If so, what happens when you enter the device code? Are you getting an error message? Is the Square Register app up-to-date on that device? 

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 6 of 15

Multiple times I have done these steps:

Using Device Codes

1. From Account & Settings in your online Square Dashboard, click Devices.
  2. Click Create Device.
  3. Enter a Nickname and click Create to generate your code.
  4. Choose to send your code via email or phone number and tap Send.
  5. Open the Square app on your mobile device and tap Sign In.
  6. Tap “Use a Device Code” and enter the code.

Every single time we tried the device code or reset the device code to use it came back as **Incorrect Device Code.  Please check your device code and try again.**. 

My assumption is if I download the software to my device moments before I try to use a device code that my app sw is up to date.  

I have three Square devices and a new device code for each device and NONE OF THEM WORK.  Apparently I am only able to get them to work when I use the email and password.  ARGH!  This is so frustrating.  Is this really the only way it works??

Message 7 of 15
Square

@BSATroop3 - Appreciate the follow up! I do know it can take a few minutes for a device code to become activated. Also, device codes expire if not paired to a device within 48 hours. If you're certain you've taken these precautions, I'd suggest reaching out directly for further support

Sean
he/him/his
Message 8 of 15

Thanks!  I have waited as long as 10 minutes for a code to become active.  I have never waited as long as 30 minutes to try to get them to work.  I have sent a second message today directly asking for help.

Thank you again for taking the time.

Message 9 of 15
Square

@BSATroop3 - For sure! If they can't sort things out, they'll be able to open a case with our engineering team. 

Sean
he/him/his
Message 10 of 15

@Sean I have called into your support and your fine Customer Service guy - Edwin - was not able to help me get the device codes working.  I see (via searching in the Community Forum on the term *Device Code*) this has been an issue since August 2016.  Do device codes work for anyone?  What type of phone/tablet does it work on - iOs or Android?  Is this issue going to be resolved any time in the near future?  Thank you.

Message 11 of 15
Admin

Hey @BSATroop3 — I'm checking in for Sean as he's out of the office today. Looking into it a bit further, I see that you were able to get in touch with a team member earlier this morning and get this sorted out.

Apologies for any confusion with getting set up. I'll be sure to share your experience with our Product Liaison team. Please don't hesitate to reply here or contact our Support team directly if anything else comes up. 🙂

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 12 of 15

Thanks @Tom.  Two fine Customer Service dudes helped me this week - Edwin and Andrew.  You guys ROCK!  Thank you for continuing to work on this with me.  It i s magic.  😉

Message 13 of 15
Admin

Thanks for circling back, @BSATroop3 — really glad to hear that everything worked out! 😀

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 14 of 15

having the same issue...same error message, been at it for two days now trying to figure it out....looks like I'll lose a day out of my 30 day FREE trial!

HELP!!

Message 15 of 15