x

My Story Isn't Showing Up in Stories Section

My story is on my story page when I preview my website, but not when I publish it. What am I doing wrong?

Message 1 of 46
45 REPLIES 45

I have a stories page that I have added a lot of sections to (text, text and image, about us) but none of the sections are displaying on the published webpage except the Story Header and Story Content. Here is the link and some screenshots. I am using Square Up to build my website.

https://kireadings.square.site/s/stories/being-a-power-playerwebpagewebpageview of page from Editorview of page from Editorwebpagewebpage

Message 2 of 46

HI, and thanks for asking.  Stories on Square are the same as Blog posts.  In the navigation header you can have Story or Blog with drop-down selections for each.  You can add a Blank Page or have Sections, Categories, etc for however you wish for them to appear.  

In reviewing your site, I believe you have the Menu format and not the Retail format, that also may be the reason.  You can check here:  Online Dashboard, Website, Edit Site, Shop All click the 3 little dots, select Switch Template, popup to select for Shop All (Retail Features).  

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 3 of 46

Thank you for your responses! Unfortunately that did not solve my problem, "Shop All (Retail Features)" was already active.

My issue is not navigating the Story/Blog post page. My issue is that the content (i.e. the sections of text and image) of the Story/Blog post page are not appearing on the site. The only sections of the page that appear on the site are the Story Header and Story Content sections. The additional sections under them are not displayed.

Message 4 of 46

HI, from doing a quick Google search found the Create Stories Square Support page here

https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/7085-create-stories-in-square-online-store

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 5 of 46

Thank you for your help! I have contacted Square Support about the issue and hopefully they will be able to resolve it.

Message 6 of 46

Did you ever get this resolved? I’m having same issue… 

Message 7 of 46

I'm having the same issue as well

Message 8 of 46

HI, did you add Stories to the navigation header? Since stories are optional, the header link needs to be added.

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 9 of 46

Yes. You can get to the stories page from the navigator - if that is what you are asking. But in the published version, when you get to that page, there aren't any stories listed. But there are in the preview.

Message 10 of 46

HI, can you please share a screenshot? or Link?

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 11 of 46

Screen Shot 2021-06-15 at 9.08.27 AM.png

Here is the screen shot of the website. And below is the screen shot of the preview.

Screen Shot 2021-06-15 at 9.10.50 AM.png

Message 12 of 46

HI, thank you for the screenshots.  In the navigation do you have the header link to Stories or a Story Page?  

Screen Shot 2021-06-15 at 9.24.19 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-06-15 at 9.24.51 AM.png

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 13 of 46

https://drafts.editmysite.com/d/LpW194GYGNtJv5KW0jZ8FDOknwj/ 

Here is the share link. It also doesn't have the story on the page.

Message 14 of 46

HI, you have to add the Story.  Is it linked to Stories or Story Page?

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 15 of 46

Stories (which I renamed as My Blog), not Story Page. But do I really want to add a story page to my navigation every time I add a story?

Message 16 of 46

HI, no you do not need to add a story page each time.  Stories on Square need to be setup in a few different places.  Unfortunately it does not setup automatically.  Once you set it up the first time, then it is easier and then will add correctly.

There is a setting missing somewhere.  

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 17 of 46

I also just added it and published, but it didn't change anything. I can't see that page on the navigation in the actual website.

Message 18 of 46

Hi, can you please share your store link?

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 19 of 46

I'm sorry, but apparently it never sent the link I sent when you first asked. I'll try again.

https://authorize-book-coach.square.site 

Message 20 of 46

Whether you figure it out or not, thanks for your help. I appreciate it. I had reached out to support yesterday morning, and after waiting 24 hours, then I asked the same thing on this site. After you gave me advice, support got back to me and suggested the same things you did.

Message 21 of 46