x

Need an accounting fix

I created an invoice for a customer. I paid it on the Virtual Terminal. Then I marked the invoice as paid 'other'.

Funds were only received for the VT transaction. But the invoice which was marked as paid also shows up as a paid transaction. The result being that it looks like, in Square, that it was paid twice.

Example:

Invoice was created for Widgets R Us

Widgets were invoiced for $1000

Widgets were paid by a custom transaction in the amount of $1000 on VT

Widget invoice marked paid 'other'

Both transactions show up in the report as $1000 income each, $2000 total, when in fact only $1000 in funds was received

How can I fix this so the accounting is correct?

Add this to the 'I won't do this again' file!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Alumni

One thing to keep in mind is that while you can use the Virtual Terminal to process a sale, there isn't a way to go back and connect a Virtual Terminal payment to an invoice, @RJHoney.

It sounds like you've recorded this payment twice, in essence. The best way to reverse this would be to issue a refund on one of the duplicate versions of this transaction; remember that no funds will actually be returned to this customer as these transactions were recorded using a custom amount.

If you have any questions about this, or would like a member of our team to take a closer look at these transactions with you, be sure to get in touch directly!

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 3

Thanks for the work around. Sounds like that will do. If I have any problems, I'll be back in touch.

Message 3 of 3