x

New Location- how do I get rid of lots of items?

I am doing an event this weekend which I hope will be busy, so I started a new Location for all the products specific to this event. I put them all in one Category. When I log into it on my phone, it lists all the other items I've ever put into the system. Is there a way to choose which Categories are offered in each Location? I could go through and do it by item, but I have several hundred items.

Message 1 of 3
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

@PeacocksNest The phone point of sale app is a little different.  If you have all of the items in a separate category you want to sell and all the other items in a different category or uncategorized at the top of the screen below the charge button there should be a drop down menu where you can pick the category to display.

It will then only display the category you are looking for and not everything.  I think there is additional customization coming in the future for the phone layout of the app.

Screenshot_20210521-090543_Square Point of Sale.jpgScreenshot_20210521-090556_Square Point of Sale.jpgScreenshot_20210521-090604_Square Point of Sale.jpg

Donnie
Multi-Unit Manager
Order Up Cafe/Tombras Cafe/Riverview Cafe/City County Cafe
Roddy Vending Company, Inc.
www.OrderUpCafe.com

Using Square since July, 2017
Square Super Seller
Square Beta Team

"Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment."

"You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want." Z.Z.
Do you want to have great restaurant menus that are easy to edit and don't cost a fortune? I use MustHaveMenus and you can too!
MustHaveMenus

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Super Seller

Best Answer

@PeacocksNest The phone point of sale app is a little different.  If you have all of the items in a separate category you want to sell and all the other items in a different category or uncategorized at the top of the screen below the charge button there should be a drop down menu where you can pick the category to display.

It will then only display the category you are looking for and not everything.  I think there is additional customization coming in the future for the phone layout of the app.

Screenshot_20210521-090543_Square Point of Sale.jpgScreenshot_20210521-090556_Square Point of Sale.jpgScreenshot_20210521-090604_Square Point of Sale.jpg

Donnie
Multi-Unit Manager
Order Up Cafe/Tombras Cafe/Riverview Cafe/City County Cafe
Roddy Vending Company, Inc.
www.OrderUpCafe.com

Using Square since July, 2017
Square Super Seller
Square Beta Team

"Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment."

"You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want." Z.Z.
Do you want to have great restaurant menus that are easy to edit and don't cost a fortune? I use MustHaveMenus and you can too!
MustHaveMenus
Message 2 of 3

Thanks.  I knew about the categories in the app,  and that's a useful workaround. However,  it doesn't answer my question of how to edit the location. 

Message 3 of 3