x
Alumni

New Square Reader/iPad Mini Case from L7

Hi Square Sellers!

If you have a Square Contactless and Chip Reader as well as the Magstripe Reader, you may be interested in this awesome new iPad mini case from L7 that allows you to keep them all in one place AND easily accept payments.

We got our hands on one of these cases and tested it out. It was super easy to set up, and is designed so that you can charge both your iPad Mini (compatible with the iPad Mini 2 and 3) and Reader while they’re in the case.

With both readers in place, it’s easy to dip chip cards:

IMG_1803.jpeg

And swipe cards through the magstripe reader:

IMG_1803-7.jpeg

There’s also a handy spot inside the case where you can store the magstripe reader if you don’t use it as often or need to protect it between payments.

Here’s the view from the back where you can see the contactless reader and the back of the iPad:

IMG_1803-4.jpeg

Make sure to check out the L7 website for more photos and details. The case is $99 and custom colors and logos are available for bulk orders. What custom color would you order?

Check it out and let us know what you think!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Super Seller

Message 2 of 5
Alumni

@VanKalkerFarms - nice! The reader is pretty secure in there too, so would work well for people to use while walking around. 

Message 3 of 5

Hi. I've got a L7 iPad Mini 2 + Square Reader pre-purchase question, which I hope you can help.

The iPad and Square reader use different connectors to charge each item; does the Square reader 'plug-in' somehow to the case so that you only need to use the standard 8-pin Apple Lightning connector for charging both, or do I still need to use the different connector types?

Regards

Luke

Message 4 of 5
Super Seller

You'll need to use both cords to charge the iPad and the reader. It's a little cumbersome, but it's a great case!

Message 5 of 5