x
Beta Member

Online Items Sales with Optional Add Ons

I want my client to be able to select an item, and then add a customizable bundle option. For example, if the item was a burger, there's a drop down option for just the sandwich ($5), or the combo (fries + drink adds $7). Once the combo is selected, they should be able to select their drink from a list of 4 options (coke/sprite/hi c/water). Thus making the burger combo total ($12) with a drink selection listed. 

I hope this makes sense, I use my Square online site frequently and would like the options included in the customer facing site. I'm lost between options, modifiers, and variable. PLEASE HELP!!

Message 1 of 4
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

@TrinityTreasure What you are describing are nested modifiers which are not currently available.  The best way to keep this clean for the customer on the online site is to keep the item as the Sandwich.  You would then create a modifier set with 20oz coke & fries, 20oz sprite & fries with the appropriate upcharge.  The customer can then just select the modifier and it will auto add the price.

Using options you can also accomplish this, but on your dashboard it will look like a ton of variations.  Online though you will get the desired look.  I'll show you 2 screen shots of what it can do.  But you would have the first option would be the sandwich.  Only 1 choice there, 2nd option would be combo choice and there you list each option 20oz sprite & fries, 32 oz sprite & fries etc.

The conditional modifier/nested modifier is a feature request, but isn't there yet.

Here is what options look like:

2021-07-02 (3).jpg2021-07-02 (2).jpg2021-07-02.jpg

To get the look I have in the next screen shot I use a preselected list of modifiers that requires 1 modifier and is limited to 1 modifier.  I put the option for no combo in with 0 price and they can effectively choose not to get the combo.  I prefer this way versus using options as you have to price each option and can be tedious and inventory in the food business it is not ideal.

2021-07-02 (4).jpg

Hope this gives you some ideas on how to make it work for you.  I prefer the preselected combo modifier and it encourages the combo sale which is more revenue.

Donnie-M

Donnie
Multi-Unit Manager
Order Up Cafe/Tombras Cafe/Riverview Cafe/City County Cafe
Roddy Vending Company, Inc.
www.OrderUpCafe.com

Using Square since July, 2017
Square Super Seller
Square Beta Team

"Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment."

"You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want." Z.Z.
Do you want to have great restaurant menus that are easy to edit and don't cost a fortune? I use MustHaveMenus and you can too!
MustHaveMenus

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Super Seller

Best Answer

@TrinityTreasure What you are describing are nested modifiers which are not currently available.  The best way to keep this clean for the customer on the online site is to keep the item as the Sandwich.  You would then create a modifier set with 20oz coke & fries, 20oz sprite & fries with the appropriate upcharge.  The customer can then just select the modifier and it will auto add the price.

Using options you can also accomplish this, but on your dashboard it will look like a ton of variations.  Online though you will get the desired look.  I'll show you 2 screen shots of what it can do.  But you would have the first option would be the sandwich.  Only 1 choice there, 2nd option would be combo choice and there you list each option 20oz sprite & fries, 32 oz sprite & fries etc.

The conditional modifier/nested modifier is a feature request, but isn't there yet.

Here is what options look like:

2021-07-02 (3).jpg2021-07-02 (2).jpg2021-07-02.jpg

To get the look I have in the next screen shot I use a preselected list of modifiers that requires 1 modifier and is limited to 1 modifier.  I put the option for no combo in with 0 price and they can effectively choose not to get the combo.  I prefer this way versus using options as you have to price each option and can be tedious and inventory in the food business it is not ideal.

2021-07-02 (4).jpg

Hope this gives you some ideas on how to make it work for you.  I prefer the preselected combo modifier and it encourages the combo sale which is more revenue.

Donnie-M

Donnie
Multi-Unit Manager
Order Up Cafe/Tombras Cafe/Riverview Cafe/City County Cafe
Roddy Vending Company, Inc.
www.OrderUpCafe.com

Using Square since July, 2017
Square Super Seller
Square Beta Team

"Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment."

"You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want." Z.Z.
Do you want to have great restaurant menus that are easy to edit and don't cost a fortune? I use MustHaveMenus and you can too!
MustHaveMenus
Message 2 of 4
Beta Member

That worked!!! Thank you! I do alot of flea markets and really encouraging a touch less checkout so I want to make it as EASY as possible. Thank you so much!! 

Message 3 of 4
Beta Member

This doesn't work for me. We need percentage upcharge, available to be added to an item in the transaction in process.

The item is a shape. The materials cost more or less: paper, wood, aluminum, steel.....

To create variations for each material on each item would take our store from 5,000 items to 50,000 items and require hiring help just to constantly edit modifier values.

Much cheaper to replace Square.

Message 4 of 4