x

Opening an account

Hi my name is andre carmo my question. Is
Can i open square. Account. With itin number?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

I have the same question, could you make it work on square?

Message 2 of 9
Square

@andre1104 @rafavsousa - So sorry for the delay. Sellers that have an ITIN may enter it in place of a SSN during the activation process. 👍

PS) If my answer solved your problem, would you mind marking it as "Best Answer"? That'll help the rest of the community find what they're looking for. If not, just write back, and I'll continue to help. Thanks!

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 3 of 9

Hi Sean, why is neccesary to enter an ssn or an itin? and if i don't have either can i still use square and recive payments?

Message 4 of 9
Square

@Antares - You would need to have one or the other in order to apply to accept credit cards with us. Otherwise you can certainly use our software as an organizational tool to keep track of your payments. 

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 5 of 9

I am still working on getting set up to use the square. Im waiting for my back account to be approved. I have to download the app to my phone. Im reading I need to get approved to accept credit cards. Where will I find out how to do that? 

Message 6 of 9
Admin

Hey @crochet1, thanks for checking in.

Generally speaking, please see the following articles for more information on getting your account set up:

We can't address specific banking and account status questions within the online community for security purposes, but I want to make sure we get you set up as soon as possible! Please reach out to our Support team and provide your login email; they'll let you know if there's anything else you need to do. Hope this helps!

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 7 of 9

For the Square bank account is there a referral link i can give to someone whos interested in opening a bank account through square.

Message 8 of 9
Square Community Moderator

At this time we do not have a referral program for Square Banking products. However, this page will help with getting started on Square Banking @Wadi

P.S. Welcome to the Seller Community 

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 9 of 9