x

Orders Automatically completed but I don't want that

Hi there,

Almost all online orders I received in this month were completed automatically, but I prefer to hit complete button individually because I would like to leave comment or tracking number.

Here is my understanding and what happend.

For shipping and electronic orders, when I get an online order, the order should be shown at;
Dashboard > Online Store > (choose my location) > "Open" list.

Click the order, then I can see the detail on right, and to complete the order, hit "Complete" button on right top.

However, the orders we received in November, went to "Completed" list directly, not stored in "Open" list.

I had a chance to talk to a customer who was just making online order today.

The customer called us to ask how to input his information into the online order check out form.
I explained that, and asked him to hit "Place Order" green button right bottom on check out form.

Right after he did it I logged in to Square, went to

Dashboard > Online Store > (choose my location), then the order was already listed under the "Completed" line.

I don't think other employees had a chance to complete the order in that short time.

Also right after I received an online order notice email from Square, logged in to Square.

Samething, the order was already in Completed list.

As I said, I would like to leave tracking numbers or comment to customers.

I was able to input those with a small window which appears when I hit "Complete" button last month.

How do I fix this problem? 

Thank you.

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Square

@NEO - Welcome to the Seller Community, and thanks for sharing such a detailed post! 👏  It does sound like something must be going on. Shipping orders should never auto-complete. They have to be manually marked as shipped within the  fulfillment period you set from your Square Dashboard. Pick up orders are the only type of order that can be autocompleted. Was it possible that some were pick up orders? If not, you're 100% certain that no one else could have market them as completed? Look forward to hearing back!

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 2 of 6

Hi Sean,

Thank you for your comment.

Before, I was able to set an item as pick-up or shipping with toggle switch on item screen. There was no "Electronic" option at that time so I bet I'm talking about previous virsion. Anyways... after the toggle switch disappeared from item window, when I want to change the item type, I go

Dashboard > Online Store > (choose my location) > Store Editor > Add Section - Goods or Services > Add or import items > Import from Library.

Turn on an item toggle switch, then check the checkbox of Shipping or Electronic.

After I set Items, I delete the item section because I don't want to show my items to public. Only someone who knows the item URL or our website can order my items.

I set my items like this, and untill last month it worked normally, I mean items went "Open" list first and stayed there till I hit "Complete" button.

It started acting funny suddenly, so I have no idea what happened, but when I started to see the problem, I had new hires and shared my ID, so I guessed the new hires did something. I asked one of them about this problem, then he said he didin't hit "Complete" button, but W-clicked in the order screen to copy customer's email address. I thought it might make the order completed, so asked him not to use my ID for a while, and I changed password.

After that I talk to the customer I mentioned at my first comment, at that time only I and one employee (not the new hires) were able to access Square dashboard and the employee operated PC, I was standing next to her and watching that, then the item went "Completed" list straight.

Also double checked items are set as shipping or electronic, not pick-up. I checked item URL and tryed to check out, then for electronic items I did't need to put shipping address, and for shipping address, I needed to put shipping addres.

Oh, and I read other seller's question for pick-up order auto complete, and turned off the function with online store settings screen ( turned all three off just in case because I don't have any pick-up items).

If you found something worng in my story, please let me know and help me.

Thank you.

Message 3 of 6
Square

@NEO - Thanks for the detailed follow up. It sounds like we should probably dig a bit deeper, and then request specific examples. Can you please reach out directly to provide these details to a supporter? If necessary, they can open a case with our engineering team. 

Sean
he/him/his
Message 4 of 6

Hi Sean,

Thank you for your comment.

I'll contact to a supporter.

I've sent an email to support team about this issue a few months ago, but at that time the supporter just told me how to login to Square dashbord and how to check orders. This is why I wrote this problem on here... Anyways, thank you very much for your help!

Message 5 of 6
Square

@Sean - Sounds good. Make sure that you mentioned that we covered things on the Seller Community too. If you share the title to your thread "Orders Automatically completed but I don't want that," they should be able to look it up and read over what we talked about. 

Sean
he/him/his
Message 6 of 6