x
Beta Member

Pager workaround?

I'd like to implement a customer paging system in our winery so we can page a customer to pick up their food when their order is ready. I've searched but can't find a clean way to do that with Square for Restaurants. Is anyone using a paging system? What is your workflow/work around? Thanks. BTW, I also am planning to use BumpKDS.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Beta Member

Hi there. We're an official Square Partner and can help you with this. 

Off the top of my head I can think of a few options: 

1) You could use phone numbers and we'd give you a web dashboard, but connect it all to your Square Account, so when you mark the order as ready, they get a Pickup Text.

2) You could have them download your App (we have incredible Pickup Notifications built into our Apps with images and video (see the image attached - 5th screenshot). Note: That screenshot below is obviously for a Curbside situation, but it can easily be changed for your situation. And we don't charge $299 for setup any more. Our setup is now $0.

3) Ok, I'm drawing a blank. If I think of anything else, I'll put it here!

ps - we have a KDS too if you don't end up liking Bump. Oh, ours is Voice-Activated too - yes, you read that right. We have the world's first voice-activated KDSs. 

curbside_pickup_square_mobile_apps.jpg

GetPreOrder.com, Official Square Partner - Create a $250K custom SuperSite for Square free. https://getpreorder.com/supersites
Message 2 of 5

Our restaurant is in a big food hall with 10+ restaurants in, so we are thinking to use a pager system. We have the same problems to let pager system working with Square POS. 

Here is the plan we are going to use, please let us know if you have a better way:

1. We are going to buy a pager system with 20 pagers.

2. Label with number 01, 21, 41, 61, 81 on pager #1. It means any order with order number  01, 21, 41, 61, 81 will use this pager.

3. Same idea, pager #2 will use for order 02, 22, 42, 62, 82. So the 20 pagers will match Square POS auto order number 01-100.

Any suggestion or new ideas?

Thanks!

Message 3 of 5

We actually find a cleaning way to use the paging system with Square. Here is what we did:

1. Create a menu item in Square called: "Pager" with the price $0.00

2. Add options: 01, 02, ... 20 (we have 20 pagers in our system) to the menu item "Pager".

3. When enter customer order, add this "Pager" item with option 08 (for example), hand the pager number 08 to customer

4. When the order is ready, page 08 pager in the page system.

We used this way for months and it works perfect.

By the same idea, you can add "To Go" menu item too.

Message 4 of 5
Square Community Moderator

Thanks for sharing, @ShanghaisBest 

I think many Sellers will find this helpful! 

Message 5 of 5