x

Payroll for this week dilemma

I'm a seasonal business starting up next week. Just reactivated my Team Plus subscription yesterday.  Will I be able to pay employees for work this past week?  I don't see their app-logged hours and no message from Square that payroll is due by 11 p.m. tonight.  Any clues?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Patrick5 Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Seller Community!! It sounds like your payroll subscription is also paused, so we will just need to activate that again so you can send payroll for the week you mentioned.

When you are ready to continue using Square Payroll, you can simply process a manual payroll by clicking “Pay Employees” on the Overview tab of your Payroll dashboard. Your account will be unpaused automatically when you send a pay run again. Billing resumes as well — Square Payroll bills on the 1st of the month for the previous month’s payroll fees.If at any point you need to pause your subscription again, you can do so from the Payroll Settings tab of your Payroll dashboard.Please see our Support Center for more information on managing your Square Payroll subscription.

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4

Thanks for your reply, however my employees have logged into the app to log their hours, yet, no hours show on my side of payroll. New emps so I wanted to review their hours before submitting. Why can't I see their hours? How do I best work around this dilemma? I despise denying or missing payment to my employees. Any suggestions?

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Timecards can be viewed and updated by going to the Timecards > Labor Cost tab in Square Dashboard. You may need to customize the date range at the top. If you recently reactivated your Team Plus subscription and want to log hours for a period before your employees had access to clock in/out, you can always manually add timecards by clicking the blue "Add Shift" button. Once you have the timecards recorded, you can import those hours into Square Payroll when you process payroll. To import hours, you will need to go to the Payroll tab of Dashboard, click "Pay Employees" and start a regular or off-cycle payment. From there, you should see the option to "Import Timecards."

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4