x

Re: How do I change password?

Hi - didn't log out of register app at  the shop and had to change password remotely. 

I did it through the dashboard from home. 

I hadn't forgotten the password, I just needed to change it.  

The option to change it was easily available from dashboard. 

WHAT WILL HAPPEN WHEN APP TRIES TO LOAD ?!  Shop opens in two hours. Help!! Deleting app is not an option. 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Super Seller

I'm guessing that when you start up the app it should do an authentication check and see that it isn't properly logged in and ask you for the password to the account.  You will not have to delete the app.  If it doesn't automatically ask for the new password you can go and sign out of the app and then sign in again with the email address and new password.

Message 2 of 6

That is what we're hoping will happen. 

That isnt what happened with the dashboard app, however.  I had to delete it. 

Fingers crossed - I'm three stares away and I'm the only one who knows how the setup was done initially.  That's why deleting the app isn't an option! We can't lose all that info!

Message 3 of 6

It didn't work.  Wouldn't even open the app at all.  It just got stuck in a loop.  I had to change the password back to our old password (which is what we need changed), then unplug and restart the ipad....

Otherwise we would have had to delete the app. 

Have to figure out how to change the password remotely and STILL be able to use the register without logging off.  Very frustrating.

Message 4 of 6
Square

Hi @JSully and welcome to the Seller Community! I'm not sure that I'm following you a 100%, but I definitely want to help out! You might have to send over a few more details. To get going, removing the app won't cause you to lose any information. Everything is tied to your account via our cloud. As long as you use the same account (email address), your information will automatically load when you log in. Does this help? 

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 5 of 6
Square

Did you still need help with this? 

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 6 of 6