x

Save Credit Card when using Apple Pay?

I send invoices to customers for payment of my services. I allow the saving of their credit card upon payment within the invoice.

Lately, some of them have used Apple Pay, but it seems that payment method does not allow the saving of credit card information when Apple Pay is used.

Is there a a way to save credit card information when using Apple Pay?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Super Seller

I do not believe that you can save ApplePay payments as each ApplePay payment is a one-time use number that can't be used again which is a feature of ApplePay.  

Message 2 of 4

Yes, that's correct and that is what I assumed the issue was. I guess what I am looking for is a way to disable Apple Pay when paying invoices. I require saving the credit card in lieu of a deposit for my rental equipment, and I prefer to not call the customer to get the card information and save it manually (which then requires yet another signed agreement).

Message 3 of 4

I'm digging up this thread again...

I need my customers to be able to Save their Card when paying their invoices. The card is used in lieu of a deposit for the equipment I am renting them. The card is charged in case of damage, loss, etc.

I know Apple/Google Pay do not allow the saving of the card information by default. I would like to propose a way to disable those payment methods for my invoices. Then they would have to use a conventional card during payment and I can save the card information.

As it is, I have lots of problems with customers not reading my instructions to NOT use Apple/Google Pay, then I have to follow up with them multiple times to get the card information. It really breaks up my order flow and is a hassle for my customers, too.

If such an option can't be implemented, I am open to any other ideas you may have so that I can make the payment process smoother for my customers, while also ensuring that I can get their card information to cover my end of things as well.

TIA.

Message 4 of 4