x
Beta Member

Search addl customer fields

Hi I noticed in the Square app there is no ability to search all fields - This includes the square provided reference id and any other fields I create.

Is there a way that people are doing this e.g. we have a situation where the cardholder name is different than the customer/patient name as in Healthcare.

We are adding those fields ourselves but they are not searchable.

How do people overcome this? Is this on the development roadmap or is there some 3rd party solution?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Square Community Moderator

Hello and welcome to the Seller Community @aramlas 

While looking into this for you I noticed that you are using a Third Party Integration to process most of your payments. This integration is not passing any of the data being entered when processing the transaction. Because of this, you can't search for this information within Square. 

I recommend you get in touch with the support team of the company you're integrated with so they can assist on how to make this synchronization more efficient for you. 

I hope this information is helpful!

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 7
Beta Member

The info I want to search for - are the additional fields e.g. patient name (custom field we created) and reference number (which is a standard field in square). We are manually inputting that data at a later time. Those fields and data have nothing to do with the integration from 3rd party. In fact, any custom field we create is not searchable.

Message 3 of 7

Are you having the same experience on the Square Dashboard @aramlas? This troubleshooting is easier to do over the phone with our support team, as they can look at your account alongside you to pinpoint what's going on here. I recommend you reach out by phone when you have a moment by logging into your Square account and heading here.

JJ
Message 4 of 7
Beta Member

Awesome!

Message 5 of 7
Beta Member

I will do that

Message 6 of 7

Glad I was able to help here!

JJ
Message 7 of 7