x

Self Service Checkout for Original Art?

Does anyone use self service checkout in a non-restaurant business? I’m an artist in two different locations that have overlapping open studio hours.  Seems to me that I could have a location setup for each studio and two different “menus” of the paintings which are in each location. 

Any advice on the easiest way to accomplish this? Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Super Seller

Hello @AdrienneWattsAr thanks for your post. I think there are some sellers that have set up self-serve kiosks in their businesses...mostly likely using an ipad setup. I'm just personally worried about your studio setup you mention...as an artist myself I just may not be understanding your setup correctly...Would people be entering into a studio that is un-attended, and then self checkout, and then physically take down the artwork off of the wall? Personally, I'd just be concerned about having a customer do that, but maybe your artwork pieces are small and not heavy?

If you didn't want to use an ipad setup for a kiosk setup, the easiest way I can think of is to create individual checkout links. When you go into your Square online dashboard, you can create a checkout link for each item. See this post with some info about this. You can then generate a QR code that you could printout and affix under each piece of artwork. The customer would scan the QR code with their smartphone, pay with the checkout link, and then take the artwork. I hope this might help achieve what you're trying to accomplish.

Message 2 of 3

Charlie, thanks for the reply. To clarify the situation, there are 10 artists sharing a space. We are all happy to assist one another’s customers, but don’t want to run other artists sales on our Square. The space is never open to the public when at least two artists are not present. 

I will follow the link in your reply and look into setting up QR codes for each painting. 

Message 3 of 3