x

Separating Multiples Items on Kitchen Printer

When I have items sent from my POS to my ethernet kitchen printer it automatically combines and duplicates of items (ex. 2x Scone). I'm wondering if there is way to have the printer separate those items to show the "scone" twice? Is there a setting that changes that and can I change it for specific items or is it an all or nothing kind of thing. 

The title of this thread has been edited from the original by a Community Moderator to help with searching threads. 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Super Seller

@CythCo Oh I wish.  So very much I wish.  But there is somewhat of a clunky work around.  If you have multiple items, and there are other items on the order, key the duplicate items in multiple times, separated by a different item.  Combinations only happen if the same item is keyed twice in succession.  So……

Cake Cone, chocolate

Cake Cone, chocolate

would result in (2) Cake Cone, chocolate.

But…

Cake Cone, chocolate

Waffle Cone, vanilla

Cake Cone, chocolate

will NOT combine the two chocolates.

Like, I said, clunky.  But sort of ok sometimes.

You should submit a feature request if you feel strongly about this — https://www.sellercommunity.com/t5/Feature-Requests/ct-p/Beta-Feature-Requests

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!
Message 2 of 2