x

Setting up an Invoice for Multiple payments (Not always the same value)

Hi There!

I am in a service business that requires multiple payments to an invoice over time. For example, an initial deposit, followed by a 2nd and then final payment. These payments are not all equal so I cannot set up as a recurring payment. Right now, I am making three separate invoices to go out for each payment due date. Is there an easier way to accomplish this? I'd love any advice you have to make this a faster process on our end. 

Thank you!!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Alumni

Hey @Rubyco and welcome!

I see how setting up individual invoices for separate amts can be a bit cumbersome. Give me a moment to  check with my Team in hopes to find an easier solution for you. I'll be back ! 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 5
Beta Member

I can address this a bit.  There is scheduling but of course you have to pick the amounts in advance.

I have been campaigning for allowing a more 'free form' approach where we can accept different amounts as we/the customer see fit.  Hopefully your post along with the many others requesting multiple payments with freedom to enter the amounts as we go along are added to the push.

Message 3 of 5

@JustinC Thank you! I appreciate your input and taking the time to look further into this 🙂

Message 4 of 5
Alumni

Hey @Rubyco - After checking with my Team, it appears you've been charging your customers the way possible for what your looking to do. This is a solid ask and we're working to enhance the Recurring Invoice feature to fit you your needs. 

Thanks for bringing this to our attention and we'll let you know when anything changes! 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 5