x
Beta Member

Square App via Bluetooth

quick question, we are connecting to the internet via bluetooth with my phone so I can use my larger screen for my Galaxy 10.5 tablet. Even though we can access the internet via a browers, the Square App seems to say "offline mode" how do we get Square app to work via blue tooth internet connection so I can run cards knowing 100% it was accepted?

Thanks

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Super Seller Alumni

Does your phone have wifi hotspot.  If you hook the tablet up via wifi to the phone it will work fine.

Message 2 of 6
Beta Member

yes, but my service now charges $30/month for wifi hotspot.  I only do art festivals 4 months out of the year, so since its the only time 2 of the 8 shows for the whole year) that I would to have a hotspot, I don't want to pay for $360/year to only need it for 2 of my 8 shows.   The other shows have wifi hotspots the artists can connect to.

Message 3 of 6
Super Seller Alumni

I just tried it with my iPhone and iPad.  I know it's not the same as what you are using.  I would make sure you have the most current version of the app and android software loaded on your tablet.  If they are running an older version of Android that could be the issue.  I could try uninstalling the app and reinstalling it as well.

Message 4 of 6
Beta Member

I have the lastest Square update, but it was the last Android update that wiped out all of us being able to create a hotspot.  Had I known that update would wipe out that option, I would have stuck with what I had lol.

It's so much better using a tablet to lay the screen down on my table for a customer to sign in a larger box than on my phone screen.

I have 15 categories with currently 150 items within those categories. I'm trying to include every scene I ever plan to sell even though I may not have it with me for each show. 

Message 5 of 6
Super Seller Alumni

You might want to look at getting a cellular tablet or changing your cell provider.  Some providers will let you add a tablet for $10/month, based on your plan

Message 6 of 6