x

Square Dashboard Updates - Detailed Item Reporting

Feedback on the Items Sales report.

I'd like an option to see items by hour with modifiers added. I really want to see when various options are popular among my items and adding that as an option in the report would be very helpful. 

I can create it by downloading the full item detail and sorting but I want to see it in real time so adding to the advanced options in the reports would be better. 

If I look at modifier sales I'm missing the item, for example we sell happy hour pints and regular pints. The type of beer is a modifier on each item. Modifier sales can tell me we sold a certain number of IPAs but not whether they were pints, growler fills or half pints.

The sales by item tells me how many pints vs growlers were sold but not what type of beer. 

Please consider adding an option to show both in the reports section without requiring that I go outside to different software. 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Community Moderator

Thanks for the feedback!

I can see how that style of report would be helpful, so I'll pass this along to our Product Team. 

Have you tried switching up how your beers are listed and categorized?

One way that I'm thinking might work for you would be to create each beer type as an item, then use the item variation section to indicate the specific size and price such as pint or growler. 

In regards to happy hour and regular pricing, there are a few different options that come to mind:

-Create a separate menu of items with a different price point for each size and categorize these items as "Happy Hour." This way your staff can use this category during that time frame. 

-Create a Discount that can be applied during Happy Hour for your staff to apply to all sales within that time frame. 

I hope these suggestions help, and hopefully another seller with more knowledge of taprooms and breweries than myself can chime in with some tips. 

Message 2 of 2