x

Square Quick Books Sync is not ideal, how can we configure it better?

We are brand new to this community. We have a BigCommerce store that we use for our online purchases. We do holiday markets and farmers markets and we use Square to accept our payments at those. Our markets are set up as their own separate Square store. We use Quickbooks online for our bookkeeping.

We are having trouble syncing properly the Square Sales with Quickbooks.  It sends sales over, but not to the right items and the sales don't match up with what square actually deposits.

We may have things set up incorrectly as we had to kind of wing it in a hurry. Surely it has to be possible (and not horribly complicated) to have everything sync down to Quickbooks properly.

We could really use some help getting set up properly and getting best practices going. Would anyone with a similar set up that works smoothly be willing to walk us through our set up and share best practices? There’s a Be Good to People Good-ie Box in it for you! J

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Square

@BeGoodtoPeople - So sorry for the delay in following up! It looks like your thread may have slipped through the cracks. Were you able to get any advice on how to best configure this? While I can't speak to the Quickbooks accounting part, I do know that this is most definitely their support team should be able to help out with.  You can reach them by phone at 1-800-871-3334. Hope this helps! 

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 2 of 5

Did you ever find out about this?  I am wondering the same thing?  Still have to do too much manual stuff on the QB side.  

Message 3 of 5
Admin

@DrSue I'm sorry to hear you're also having trouble syncing Square and Quickbooks! If you haven't already I recommend reviewing the following resources:

@Tom provided the contact information for Quickbooks Support above if you need help syncing, or want to share feedback about this process. If you need to call Square Support for help with setting up your Square account please don't hesitate to reach out! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 4 of 5

How does commerce sync actually work with QuickBooks online? Does it bring over detailed transactions (sales and payments) by customer? I can't tell from the app description how the interface actually works.

Message 5 of 5