x
Super Seller

Square Register Adding new customer data

I want to start creating new customers when they check out at the register. When i click on Add New Customer and they see the fields on the customer facing screen, some choose to decline. There are too many fields and mostly I just want a few bits of info. Is there any way to edit which fields show up to the customers?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Super Seller Alumni

We use the Register too, and have sometimes struggled with this issue.  We can't find a way to restrict the information that's requested, so we just tell the customer to only enter whatever information they're comfortable giving us, and we stress that we don't need every line filled out.  A lot of times we'll ask for the information and enter it ourselves on a keyboard that we have hooked up to the Register.  That goes a lot faster than them typing on the customer facing display.

Judy T Shumway
Message 2 of 3
Beta Member

I can't believe this thread is from 2019 and it is exactly the same problem I have right now. 
I want to customize which fields that show up on the customer facing screen for square register when I add a new customer.
I thought I had that ability in the dashboard under customers, but the change I made to hide fields do not affect the customer facing screen. It seems so odd - where do those changes actually show up?
There is also no customer facing field to give permission to contact - there is a block of text indicating that they are doing just that, but there is no actual toggle - that is something I have to do for them on my screen.
Does anyone have an answer for this? It sems like it should be something fixable.

Message 3 of 3