x
Beta Member

Square Register for Retail Customer without email

Hi i am using Square Register for Retail and when i try to add "new" Customer "without" an email the app will not allow me to save the customer? How do i adjust my settings so I can save or add a customer that does not have an email? 

Currently, if i select "Add Customer" from the "Main Screen" in Retail on Register it will not give me the option to save the customer "if" I do not enter an email address. 

However, if i go to the "Seach" and add the new customer from there the "Blue Save" is highlighted so I can Save the customer without an email. 

This seems to be a BUG??

thank you

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Super Seller

Hello @jewelcam I'm sorry you're having trouble adding customers from your Square register. Can you go into your main menu on your register, and select Customers? And then try clicking on the three dots at the top of your list and select Add New Customer or Create Customer. This should allow you to save a customer with just a name. I was not prompted to enter an email address.

Perhaps we're using different versions but the Register I am using allowed me to do this. You could also try to Add a Customer to the sales screen when you're working on a current transaction. This may allow you to bypass adding an email address. Hope maybe one of these may help you.

Message 2 of 8
Beta Member

square-test.jpg

For the main screen, i clicked "ADD CUSTOMER" but as you can see the "SAVE" is not highlighted. it will only highlight when i get down to the email and enter it. 

Message 3 of 8
Super Seller

Hi, @jewelcam ,

I just tried this on our Square For Retail and am not seeing that issue.  We create customers every day without email address.  Have you checked in your app store to make sure that your version of Square For Retail is up to date?  

~Cheryl!
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question!

Cheryl! Tisland
Burst Of Butterflies Create & Paint Studio

BurstOfButterflies.com
Message 4 of 8
Beta Member

hi thanks for the feedback, yes i checked, we are using the Square Register, and i looked user the system settings and it said it is using the latest version. 

Message 5 of 8

I am having the exact same issue. One of my employees is able to do it, the rest of us cannot. It seems it would be a setting somewhere?

Message 6 of 8

Has this issue been resolved for anyone? What do I do?

Message 7 of 8
Beta Member

No it seems to be a bug. 

Message 8 of 8