x

Square for political donations, need to track name\address\occupation for each donation

For political donation I need to record name, address, email, phone #, company, occupation, item and amount. I would like to select report in excel by selecting a start date and end date.

[Personal Information Redacted]

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

The excel report should display all the information listed. 

Message 2 of 18
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Jtanzi! Welcome to the Community. 

The only way you could do this is by adding each customer into your Customer Directory at the time of sale. 

You can either do it before the sale under > Customers in the app or dashboard or on the Checkout screen itself by selecting the down arrow above the keypad and selecting > Add Customer To Sale. 

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 3 of 18

Ok I get that, But can I get a report or excel speadsheet with all the customer infomatiom along with the item purchased nad the amount for a given date range?

Thank you for your help

John Tanzi

Message 4 of 18
Square Community Moderator

@Jtanzi Definitely! If you login to your dashboard from a computer or desktop, you can view your Reports and at the top, you'll see an option to Export as CSV.

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 18

I may not have the correct apps since I do not see the dashboard? I've download the square Apps for mt Samsung Tabelet and I do not see the dasboard

Message 6 of 18
Super Seller Alumni

The Dashboard is what you see when you open the Square app or login to your account online.  In the mobile app, tap the three horizontal lines to call up the menu, where you'll see the Report facility.

Judy T Shumway
Message 7 of 18

I 1st download the square Apps from  the android. Then i told in order to get a detailed report i need to use dashboard. Do the 2 apps share the same data? If you need a detailed report you only use the dashboard apps?

Message 8 of 18

I had 1st download the square  apps from google play ans was able to setup items and detail customer profiles. I need to record name, address, email, tele, compan, occupation,  item and amount. Once a week i need to get a Excel report with all the above information. Do i even use the google play square apps?

Message 9 of 18
Admin

@Jtanzi

Let's reset on this and kind of start from the beginning so we can clear this up for you.

App: The Square App will be able to take your payments/customer information you need to include and give you general information in your reports. Although it can show you detailed reports like you are looking for, it is not the BEST place to see this.

Dashboard:  The Dashboard is accessed from a web browser (like Chrome or Safari) where you can download and view Reports more in depth and create the correct CSVs like you are looking to create. You can access the Dashboard by going to squareup.com/dashboard

From your Dashboard, navigate to Transactions > Export > Item Details report > Select your date range, and you can export these transactions which include Customer Name and some data, although at this time it does not export collected addresses. 

kellyj
Technical Program Manager: AI
Square Inc
Message 10 of 18

So everything I generate in the Apps is accessable by Dashboard?

Thank You for clearing this up.

Message 11 of 18
Admin

@Jtanzi

Yes, that is correct. In depth reporting is viewable in your Dashboard.  The App shows you only a snippet of the available information.

kellyj
Technical Program Manager: AI
Square Inc
Message 12 of 18

You are a great help in me understand Square. What needs to be done to access to data ( Items and customer ) from my adroid device from the Dashboard? I use the same login for both.

Thanks

Message 13 of 18

Is there a charge to use Dashboard? How do I verify the Cerdit Card number are nt stored?

Message 14 of 18
Admin

@Jtanzi Helen here from the Community team! To answer your questions: 

- Access to the online Square Dashboard from a web browser on any device is free.

- If you have an Android tablet or phone you can view the Dashboard from the web browser app on your device, e.g. Chrome, Firefox. Keep in mind if you want to to download reports you'll need to use a web browser on a computer or laptop. 

- Your customer's card details are encrypted and securely stored on Square's servers; you'll only see the card brand and the last 4 digits of a customer's card. 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 15 of 18

Thanks for the update. Using a Windows 10 computer for the Dashboard and a Samsung Tablete with the sale items. Do I need to link the 2 computers? I am noe seeing the information on the Samsug? Customer names, items and pricing.

Message 16 of 18
Admin

You don't need to take any action to connect your devices! You might have signed in to each device with a different device. Can you sign out and then sign back in - making sure to use the same email address on your computer and on your tablet? 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 17 of 18

From what i can tell the square ony supports apple?

Message 18 of 18