x
Beta Member

Square stand Check name auto population

We recently purchased 3 of the new square stands for our brewery and wondering - 

1) Does the stand support the ability for a customers name to auto populate when creating a new check and you put card in or tap?? 

2) If a customers card chip is unreadable and it doesnt support tap pay how can we swipe the card, do we have to take the ipad out of the stand and insert a swipe reader??

Thanks

Bradley

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Super Seller

Good questions. Not sure about #1 As for the new Square Stand it looks like you can add the swipe reader to it. I was wondering about this too because Square Gift cards have to be swiped.

swipe.jpg

Message 2 of 3
Square Community Moderator

Hi there @senecalakebrewi 👋 Thanks for reaching out to the Seller Community.

@perkits is correct here. I double-checked the Square Stand's specs and found that you will indeed need the Magstripe reader for swipe payments on the new model: "Plug Square Reader for magstripe (not included) into Stand’s audio jack to swipe credit cards and gift cards." You also have the option to Manually Enter Card Payments Without a Square Reader. Just keep in mind that the fee for manually entered payments is 3.5% + 15¢ per transaction.

As for your first question, our software and hardware are incapable of adding the customer's name to a check by swiping their payment card. Are you just wanting to add their name to the check? If so, you could utilize the Open Tickets feature to save their name on the ticket before completing the sale.

I hope this information is helpful but please do let me know if you have any additional questions 🙂

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 3 of 3