x

Team members can't login on Apple iOS

I have a Square owners passcode setup on my device, and a team passcode. If I use an android device, I can login as a team member fine. If I use the iPad, the team passcode is not being accepted to login. Also, the Android version has an option "require passcode after logout" that is not available in the iOS version. Can anyone say why this is?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Square Community Moderator

Hello and welcome to the Community, @Omar_Gill

When it comes to Apple and Android apps, there are certain features that will be in one and not the other. This goes back to the app developers when they are updating or creating the apps for different platforms. 

Do you have the team passcode setting turned on with the iPad? It will have to be turned on each device separately. 

I will keep an eye out for your reply👀

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 7

Hi Kassi,

Thanks for your response. Yes I do have the team passcode turned on and set on the iPad, but Square will not let me log in with it, only the Owner's passcode. The team passcode works fine on the Android device however.

Message 3 of 7

Hi @Omar_Gill - Alanah here, stepping in for @Kassi_👋

Since you are only experiencing this issue on your iPad and not also on your Android device, it seems that issue is device-specific and not related to the Team Member permission set.

I suggest trying the troubleshooting steps for the Square app listed in this Support Article. Additionally, we just put out a new version of the Point of Sale app 5.86 so make sure you're also on the latest version.

If you are still experiencing this issue with the passcode after troubleshooting, please reach out to our Support Team here so we can take a closer look with you.

I hope this information is helpful but please do let me know if you have any additional questions.

Violet
Message 4 of 7

Thank you Alanah,

I will check for the version. But I have tried this on 2 different iPads and had the same issue. I will check and let you know.

Message 5 of 7

Yes, it is definitely version 5.86 I have installed.

Message 6 of 7

Hi again @Omar_Gill thanks for reaching back out with an update. Sorry to hear these tips weren't able to resolve this issue.

Since you are still experiencing this issue with the passcode after troubleshooting, and on more than one device, please reach out to our Support Team here so we can take a closer look with you.

It sounds like this issue may need to be escalated to our Engineers for their review. Our Support Team can take care of that for you!

Violet
Message 7 of 7