x

Timecard - Feature Request: Note field

I have an employee whose tasks I'd like to track based on their clocking in and out. Is there any way to note what he is working on?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Admin

Hey @Cindy_SPC, thanks for surfacing this.

The ability to add a note while clocking in and out is not available at this time. For now, you or your employee will need to track tasks outside of the app. Out of curiosity, can you provide more information on how this feature would be helpful for your business? I'll be sharing this post with our Product Liaison team for further review.

Keep in touch for updates. If any other sellers have insight on what has worked well — feel free to chime in!

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 5

Hi, Tom:

I use Square fora part-time employee who edits and shoots videography for me. I don't run a store, per se. So, when my employee clocks in, I'd like him to note what project he's editing or what job he's shooting, as a way for me to keep track in my CRM (which is independent of Square).

That way, I can attribute the cost of his services to individual jobs, projects, etc., which helps me keep track of gross/net costs.

Thanks!

Cindy

Message 3 of 5
Admin

Hi @Cindy_SPC,

Thank you for taking the time to circle back with this information. We appreciate your patience as we're always working to improve.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 4 of 5

I would also like to request this feature. My bookkeeper tracks my labor costs for every event we cater and there is a job number associated with each event. Right now we use paper timecards with a notes field and I spend many hours manually entering my employees hours into Square Payroll. It would be amazing if we could use the built in timecards feature, but not being able to track hours to each job is a major hurdle. 

Message 5 of 5