x
Beta Member

Transitioning to Weebly storefront

I haven't yet dared open my online store in the new interface, but I know I will have to make the transition soon! I

Maybe Square users who have moved over can answer this: Is there anything you wish you had done before you switched over, that might have made it easier or avoided headaches? 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Super Seller

Hello @BethanyReynolds !

I was one of the last holdouts on the old Square Online Store system, and was quite hesitant to move over to the new weebly interface too.

I had a weebly rep step me through a few of the random things that I would have never figured out (its easier to assign categories to individual items versus assigning items to categories in bulk for example), but overall the transition was pretty much seamless.

As long as your item library is set up correctly and you have a logical flow for modifiers/options, you really shouldn't have any issues launching your store.

One hint: if you have multiple locations in your account, you can't use the weebly interface to stop items from showing up in locations where you don't have them. As an example, in one of my locations we have a smoothie line that we don't offer in the other location. In order to make the item not available on the online store of one location, you have to go into your Square item library and make the item available only in the location you serve it at. It's a little convoluted and it took me the better part of a day before calling support on that one.......

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Super Seller: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!
Message 2 of 4
Beta Member

Thanks, that is helpful! I have quite a few items (apparel and face masks) and always assign the category as I create the item. Did the categories transfer over for you, or did you have to set a category for each item again?

Message 3 of 4
Super Seller

No, weebly categories don’t port over from Square. You will have to make new categories. I recommend making the categories first then point each item at the new category. My weebly rep said doing it this way has a few more steps but overall is the easier way to make things work right. 

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Super Seller: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!
Message 4 of 4