x

Two locations/two tax codes/one library

We will have two mobile locations operating at the same time using two different tax codes. However we want to use the same item library. How to do this without having to recreate a new library?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Or can we even do this?

Message 2 of 6
Square

If your Square account has multiple locations, you can easily copy your item library from one location to the next. To do so:

- From your master account, click Account & Setting and select Locations.
- Click  an existing Location or create a new one.
- From the menu on the right of your page, scroll to the bottom and click Select a Location to Match.
- Select a location and click Save.

Once an item library has been cloned to a new location, all the previous items on the location will be replaced by the new items. There is no way to undo the match so be sure your ready to copy that item library! 

I hope this information is helpful! Let me know if you have any other questions.

Message 3 of 6

Perfect! thanks so much, Kelly!!!! It worked

Message 4 of 6

What happens when this dosent work? I'm having this exact issue. But when I try to merge inventories i get an error message saying "something went wrong" but theres no way to see WHAT went wrong. How can I correct a problem if I cant see it?

Message 5 of 6
Square Community Moderator

@Momminia1 Can you walk through your exact steps? You should be able to clone over your inventory from one location to the next by the click on a button. 

Also, try clearing your cache in your web browser, as that can resolve some errors within the Square Dashboard. 

Message 6 of 6