x

Uploading My Product List for Apple IPAD

Hello:

I am a consultant for a business that will be using an IPAD to sell about 400 items.  It is not my IPAD, and I don't have access to it, but the company wants me to create the Excel file that they will use to upload their products.  From my Windows 10 computer, I will tap into their ERP system and download their inventory items.  Then, I need to format it and email it to the individual in the company that will go to the trade shows.

I read the instructions at  https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/5153, but that didn't help.

The bottom line:  I don't have the IPAD, but I want to create the Excel file that someone will use as their IPAD upload to create their inventory used at Trade Shows.  Where can I find the format needed, or any template that I need to follow?

Regards,

Rich Locus

Message 1 of 4
1 Best Answer
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

They can still download the template from the items screen.  This will give you the proper format for there account.  Here is a sample below.

UPC or item number enter quantity If you want to track inventory

Token

Item Name

Description

Category

SKU

Variation Name

Price

Enabled{location}

Current Quantity{location}

New Quantity{location}

Stock Alert Enabled{location}

Stock Alert Count{location}

Price{location}

Tax - Sales Tax (7%)

Leave Blank

Leave blank unless you have something like sizes Then put in "Large" for example

Y or N 

Leave blank

N

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Super Seller Alumni

Whoever has access to the Square Dashboard have them send you a copy of the Item Export File.   This will give you the Spreadsheet format.  You can Add, edit and send back to them to upload.  It gets uploaded via the online dashboard, not the iPad.

Note that if they have more than one location set up in the account you will have to make sure your items are turned on in the correct location.   Each location will have a series of Columns with the location name on it as described in the help article that you referred to.

Message 2 of 4

RHatch:

Thank you for your response!  Since this customer is brand new, they currently don't have any products to download.  Is there another way I can get the format?

Thanks,

Rich

Message 3 of 4
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

They can still download the template from the items screen.  This will give you the proper format for there account.  Here is a sample below.

UPC or item number enter quantity If you want to track inventory

Token

Item Name

Description

Category

SKU

Variation Name

Price

Enabled{location}

Current Quantity{location}

New Quantity{location}

Stock Alert Enabled{location}

Stock Alert Count{location}

Price{location}

Tax - Sales Tax (7%)

Leave Blank

Leave blank unless you have something like sizes Then put in "Large" for example

Y or N 

Leave blank

N

Message 4 of 4