x
Beta Member

We Have Data from a Bunch of Check Sales Can I Import Them All At Once?

We are a continuing education school in a retirement community that uses a Square/Weebly website to register half our registrants. The other half uses paper forms and checks. We have two semesters and 30 offerings per semester. We want to combine all the data into one place or file. 

I see the virtual terminal and the neat iPhone app which would allow me to enter the choices made by the registrants one by one. However, we have been testing an OMR (optical mark reading) system which we could deploy for the spring semester. That produces a CSV or XLSX file that lists the registrants' names in rows and their choices/purchases in columns. Conceivably we could at the end of the semester have one spreadsheet with 150 names in rows and their choices in cells under the course headings at the top of the columns. Is there a way to import these sales into the Square accounting system all at once?

Message 1 of 3
2 Best Answers
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi, @socrtwo, thanks for reaching out to us with your query!

Unfortunately, it isn't possible to import historic sales data into your Square Account. While you can import other details, such as customers and inventory, we do not support a feature that allows you to add past transactions.

You can, however, export reports from Square showing your transactions processed since creating your Square Account. You could export these reports (via CSV or XLSX) and enter your existing transaction history into this file to consolidate your sales data.

I hope this helps to answer your question!

Laurie
Community Moderator, Australia, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 3
Beta Member

Best Answer

Does anybody know if using Tampermonkey/JavaScrip script either with our Weebly website and a company credit card or the Virtual Terminal marking the sales as checks would work? We would be willing to pay the 3.15% + $0.15 charge per sale.

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi, @socrtwo, thanks for reaching out to us with your query!

Unfortunately, it isn't possible to import historic sales data into your Square Account. While you can import other details, such as customers and inventory, we do not support a feature that allows you to add past transactions.

You can, however, export reports from Square showing your transactions processed since creating your Square Account. You could export these reports (via CSV or XLSX) and enter your existing transaction history into this file to consolidate your sales data.

I hope this helps to answer your question!

Laurie
Community Moderator, Australia, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 3
Beta Member

Best Answer

Does anybody know if using Tampermonkey/JavaScrip script either with our Weebly website and a company credit card or the Virtual Terminal marking the sales as checks would work? We would be willing to pay the 3.15% + $0.15 charge per sale.

Message 3 of 3