x

What WiFi printer can I use if I don't have an ethernet port?

The title of this post has been edited from the original: Printer recommendation

Hello, I have a coffee shop that has a dine-in area and a drive-thru window. Most of our traffic comes from the drive-thru at this point. I have two square terminals and a square handheld. The work area and the drive-thru window are about 12 feet away from each other.

Currently, employees who are working in the coffee preparation area are having to come and wait on the drive thru employee to complete the order and hand them the order ticket to be able to go get started on the current order. This can get chaotic during the morning and lunch rush. I am looking for a solution.

Is there a way I can get a wifi printer to replace the stationary one that is present in the main coffee preparation area? I want the drive-thru employee to be able to make the order and the order ticket to print out in the main preparation area instead of at the drive-thru. Keep in mind we also have some customers coming into the coffee shop which has a counter separating the main coffee preparation area and the dine-in/carry out area. I do not have access to like an ethernet port.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Message 1 of 5
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

Star Micronics TSP143IIIW is the only WiFi-enabled receipt printer compatible with Square hardware, but the great news is that it's compatible across the board, @DriftersCoffeeC

That means you can use it in combination with your two Square Terminals! When you say "handheld", I'm not sure whether you're referring to an Android or Apple mobile device, but this receipt printer is compatible with both operating systems, assuming you are running the most up-to-date software on your device. I would also keep in mind that a strong and reliable WiFi connection is important when you are relying on a WiFi receipt printer for your orders 

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Alumni

Best Answer

Star Micronics TSP143IIIW is the only WiFi-enabled receipt printer compatible with Square hardware, but the great news is that it's compatible across the board, @DriftersCoffeeC

That means you can use it in combination with your two Square Terminals! When you say "handheld", I'm not sure whether you're referring to an Android or Apple mobile device, but this receipt printer is compatible with both operating systems, assuming you are running the most up-to-date software on your device. I would also keep in mind that a strong and reliable WiFi connection is important when you are relying on a WiFi receipt printer for your orders 

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 5

I have a similar setup but want to have two receipt printers working from one Square stand. We currently have one usb printer at the order counter but would like to add a WiFi printer  that will print a copy in the prep area. Is that possible?

Message 3 of 5
Admin

Hey @Lakedogdeli!

Welcome to the Seller Community 🎉

Two printers (one wifi, one usb) cannot be paired with one iPad unfortunately. Each hardware periphery will have to be connected to its own device. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 4 of 5
Beta Member

Can 2 printers be connected to the square register? One at drink counter for orders and one for receipt for customers?

Message 5 of 5