x
Developer

What apps do do you need?

Hey everyone

If there was an engineering genie that can make anything to make your business run smoother, what app do you wish Square had?

It can be anything.... marketing automation, customer service , chatbot, analytics, automating Google / Facebook ads, direct mail, recruiting, connecting ABC thing to XYZ, etc..

One caveat: can you let me know why you would need this ? Explain like im 5 and I have no idea what your business does.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Square Community Moderator

@taewoo Awesome post!

I'm very curious to see what other sellers have to say. We're constantly trying to implement new integration partnerships with other apps to help our sellers run their business. 

@VanKalkerFarms

@Ron

@sciabica1936

Any thoughts on this? 

Message 2 of 10
Developer

EJ, wouldn't it be good to setup like a uservoice or something similar where people can submit and/or vote ? makes it easier to see what people want

Message 3 of 10
Alumni

Hey @taewoo, thanks for calling that out - it's something we're thinking through the best way to implement. I know a lot of other people in the community would like the ability to vote on things too - we'll get there!

Message 4 of 10
Super Seller Alumni

Customer Loyalty Levels: As customers pass set thresholds, they become "bronze", "silver", "gold" or "platinum" customers.  It would be nice to have "Loyalty Cards" so that we can swipe to add them to a sale instead of looking up the customer.  The Loyalty Levels could be based upon of "total dollars spent" or "a number of visits" or "years of patronage".  Discount rewards would grow with each level.

Message 5 of 10
Super Seller Alumni

Actually, #1 request is Auto Discounts.  Just a simple discount system that limits discounts to a specific list of products/categories for a specific period of time, applied automatically.

I would hate to waste my "wish" on this becuase it's really simple, every other POS/E-Commerce software I've ever used has it, and it should have been implemented years ago 😉

Message 6 of 10

Great

Message 7 of 10
Super Seller

I don't have a specific app, but the feature I need most is automatic price breaks based on qty.  like if I buy 6 of 4" plants it should automatically choose the 6+ price instead of having my cashier have to choose the price point (and therefore forgetting sometimes)

This is by far my most needed feature.  90% of our products have a pricing break involved.  some are also across multiple items so if 4 of item 1 and 2 of item 2 would qualify for 6+ Pricing on both items.

Message 8 of 10
Super Seller

#1 request is weight scale integration. I want to put a pile of avocados on the scale, then scan a barcode for avocados, and be done! 

#2 request would be label printing from within the Register app to a wireless printer... That would be a game changer for us. 

Message 9 of 10

I'd really like to see some sort of web traffic statistics/analysis for the online store. At a minimum it would be helpful to know the number of unique visitors. From there the sky is the limit. Which items were viewed? What was the source of the referral (web search, link from another site etc.)? This type of information can be very helpful not only for refining SEO, but for assessing the performance of other marketing strategies too.

There are a number of open source options available. The one I'm most familiar with is Awstats. It’s not perfect, but it uses standard web logs to put together a pretty nice profile of a site’s traffic.

Message 10 of 10