x

What does "Other" Mean in Transactions?

I just need to understand how a transaction gets classified as "other" under payment method. 

I am reviewing our Square report for a recent event we held. I'm trying to figure out what happened with a handful of transactions that are appearing as "other" under payment method. None of them were deposited, so either they are cash donations that weren't tracked as such OR they might be credit card transactions that didn't go through, right? Or is other something else? 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Beta Member

Other is any payment that person took and marked as Other (may be cash, check, food stamps, coupon  etc.) It cannot be  “credit card transactions that didn't go through”
Check with person charging  those transactions what was other payments…

Message 2 of 5
Beta Member

Other is any payment that person took and marked as Other (may be cash, check, food stamps, coupon  etc.) It cannot be  “credit card transactions that didn't go through”
Check with person charging  those transactions what was other payments…

Message 3 of 5
Super Seller

you are correct.  the cashier can select other for payments accepted thru other credit card terminals or food stamps cards or some other payment method.  if that is selected a payment will be assumed to have happened elsewhere,  you can turn it off with a new feature.  https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/6389

Message 4 of 5

We get a few ACH deposits with our business, so when they hit our account, we ring them up under "Other" Usually they have an invoice from Square, and they do an ACH form so it all matches up on our end! 

Message 5 of 5