x
Beta Member

What is the "Other Tender (excluded)" on Deposit Summary?

"Other Tender (excluded)" has shown up as a line item on our deposit summary report. We haven't ever seen this line item before. 

It seems to be subtracted like a fee from the total depsits.

What is this and why is this the first we have seen it? 

Thanks,

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Admin

Hey @skiibum, when a payment is marked as Other Tender from the app it means that the sale was recorded but a card wasn't used for the payment - another form of tender like a check was provided instead. This means the associated funds aren't included in your deposit because, as with the example of a check, you would have deposited the check to your bank. 

You can go back and look at any sales that were marked as 'other tender' fom your online Square Dashboard:

1. Sign in and head to the Transactions section. 
  2. Click the date selector in the upper left to edit the date.
  3. Click All Payment Methods and select Other to see a list of payment that were recorded as Other Tender.

Also, if needed, you can remove the Other Tender payment option from section of the app: Tap Settings > then tap Payment Types > toggle Other Payment Types off. 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 2 of 10

Helen, I've also seen this "Other Tender (excluded)"  on my deposit report and followed your directions to see them. However, there is no infomation or $ amount on the transactions. The only transactions that are showing are the ones that appear when an employee "Opens" the drawer. So I'm still unable to see why my report reads (for example) "Other Tender (excluded) .... ($7.99)"

Message 3 of 10
Admin

Thanks for your post @CourtneyF. I'm not sure why you're not seeing corresponding payments in your Transactions report. When you have a chance, can you call our CS team directly? They'll be able to look at your reports to help understand what transactions these entries in your Deposit report are tied to. If you don't have time to call reply here to let me know and I'll start an email case for you! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 4 of 10
Beta Member

I just got off the phone with customer service and they figured out why that line item was there.  If you have any transaction that has a split payment (i.e. part credit card and part cash), the cash part of the transaction will show up on your deposit report as (Other Tender (excluded).  If you look on the left side of your transactions in your Dashboard, you can tell it's a split-tender order becuase the symbol looks like two credit cards stacked on top of each other.  I hope this helps because it was bugging me and took a while to figure out with customer service. 

Message 5 of 10

I am having this same issue. There is nothing showing on the report under other payment types.

Message 6 of 10
Square Community Moderator

Hi @AOS333,

I see this is your first post. Welcome to The Seller Community!

If you haven't, I would checkout @RiceandRoux comment above. They provided some great insight into what it could be causing "Other Tender excluded" to show on balance report.  

If you continue to have issues, and since this is an account specific issue please contact CS Support.  

I am not able to discuss account specific information through this forum.  But they can investigate and help further.  You can reach support at 1-855-700-6000 squ.re/contactsqsupport .

Thank you!

Message 7 of 10

so on the transfer screen under the Total Collect spot it has a line with the "credit" amount and then under it a "other tender" line which it says (excluded). It shows a postive amount of very little some days cents others maybe 5.00. It only shows up on this report and on none of the sales reports. Anyone know any insight on this? Thanks

Message 8 of 10
Square Community Moderator

Hey @kaskima! Welcome to the Community.

I merged your post with an existing thread that had the same question.

Check out @Helen's answer above for more details!

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 9 of 10
Beta Member

I was researching the same thing. The answers above didn't apply to my situation because this "Other Income (excluded) was being added to my daily deposit. After looking a little further, I realize that this total is the same as my "Cash App" payments. Problem solved!

Message 10 of 10