x

Where can I find a refund report?

[The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Where do i find refund reports with reasons for returns]

Where do i find refund reports with reasons for returns.

I want to see why the refund happened.

Message 1 of 10
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

Hi @gmonk321

Great question! While we don't have a specific report that solely focuses on refunds or returns, we do have a work around. After logging into your dashboard, please go to Transactions > Filter the date > Set the filter from "all types" to "refunds" > Select Export > Choose Transactions CSV. This will show you a breakdown of all transactions that have been refunded, with the reason selected at the far right of the spreadsheet. 

Let me know in this thread if you have any questions. Hope this helps!

Alex_
Community Moderator, Square // Moderador de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Alumni

Best Answer

Hi @gmonk321

Great question! While we don't have a specific report that solely focuses on refunds or returns, we do have a work around. After logging into your dashboard, please go to Transactions > Filter the date > Set the filter from "all types" to "refunds" > Select Export > Choose Transactions CSV. This will show you a breakdown of all transactions that have been refunded, with the reason selected at the far right of the spreadsheet. 

Let me know in this thread if you have any questions. Hope this helps!

Alex_
Community Moderator, Square // Moderador de la Comunidad, Square
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 2 of 10

it still doesn't tell me what invoice it is associated with.... so I don't know where to categorize the refund...

Thanks

nolichucky11@gmail.com

Message 3 of 10

Hi Alex- I am trying to locate my refunds since under each client I have the charges dates etc, but if I’ve refunded any amount it’s not with the charges- this is frustrating. 
So I asked the question and your answer came up- I went to transactions on my dashboard - (actually I just clicked the blue transaction button - but there is NOT anything that looks like this: Filter the date > Set the filter from "all types" to "refunds" > Select Export > Choose Transactions CSV.

I have no idea how you went from transactions to filter the date.  

Message 4 of 10

Later: I went to transactions under my regular square app and scrolled to the date in question and found the refund I was looking for bc they have a little yellow back arrow beside the amount of the transaction. But the very next day (still under transactions) I found another amount with the little yellow back arrow beside the same about and the transaction was exactly the same info as the first refund the day before. Why would there be two documented refunds with the very same dates and the same Receipt number but on two different days? Did I refund them twice? I cannot imagine why this would have been documented twice unless I refunded twice. 

Message 5 of 10
Square Community Moderator

Hello @KKL1 

Our Support team would be able to look into this with you! They can access your transaction history along with you and point you in the right direction. When you have a moment, please reach out directly by logging into your Square account and heading here.

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Message 6 of 10

i cannot find a record of refunds i have issued...can someone point me to where that info is in the dashboard...i don't use an app

Message 7 of 10

i processed a refund a couple of days ago and it is not shown anywhere on my dashboard, including using the process you describe

Message 8 of 10
Square Community Moderator

Hi @kkg,

I'd recommend reaching out to our direct CS team to take a look at the transaction with you and make sure it was successfully refunded.

We aren't able to see into account specifics here from the Community but they can look further into it with you.

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Message 9 of 10

Ok, I found this topic in Help, and I can't seem to understand that after a year, Square has still not made this type of report and status common or easy to see.

We are a Club and we charge for events held at the club throughout the year, due to bad weather and to much snow and Ice on the ground we had to cancel this one event.

In doing so we have to issue refunds for those who paid in advance for the event which will not be held.

I started issuing the refunds, but I can't tell who I have and who I haven't issued one to yet, as no status change or even a tag of refund pending is noted.

For those that had not paid yet, we simply cancelled the invoice, that tags instantly, but how do we see who we have issued refunds to, or better yet who we started issuing refunds to?

Message 10 of 10