x

Why are fees being taken out of my Next Business Day Transfer?

[This post was updated by moderator in 2020 to reflect a name change - deposits are now called transfers.]

The title of this thread has been changed from the original: Why does the “1-2 business day transfer” option say “at no extra charge”...

I’ve alwaus had “1-2 business day transfer” selected that specifically says “at no extra charge”, however-every single transfer that’s been made has had some percentage taken out because I did not receive the entire amount I charged. Why is this? And why does it say free of charge if it in fact ISN’T?!

Message 1 of 3
1 Best Answer
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

Hey @Sarahb01 

There is a small percentage fee for every transaction where you Processing Credit or debit Cards through Square.

When you choose Transfer for 1-2 business days, there is no additional charge on top of that standard card processing fee. 

If you choose Same Day / Instant Transfer there is an additional fee on top of the standard card processing fee.

*You can learn more about how Square processing fees work here: Understanding Our Fees | Square PaymentsOr through is informative video below! 

Hope that makes sense!

Pesso

*This reply was updated by a moderator on August 26, 2020 to offer additional visibility into Square's pricing.

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Square Super Seller - I'm here to help!

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

Hey @Sarahb01 

There is a small percentage fee for every transaction where you Processing Credit or debit Cards through Square.

When you choose Transfer for 1-2 business days, there is no additional charge on top of that standard card processing fee. 

If you choose Same Day / Instant Transfer there is an additional fee on top of the standard card processing fee.

*You can learn more about how Square processing fees work here: Understanding Our Fees | Square PaymentsOr through is informative video below! 

Hope that makes sense!

Pesso

*This reply was updated by a moderator on August 26, 2020 to offer additional visibility into Square's pricing.

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Square Super Seller - I'm here to help!
Message 2 of 3

That answers it! Thank you!! 

Message 3 of 3