x

Why can't I have separate paragraphs in my item descriptions?

Just switched to the new store format without first verifying that everything works still... So I discovered that item descriptions that used to consist of several separate paragraphs are now just one single huge paragraph. I have tried to edit and add blank lines, to no avail. What gives?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

P.S. when I edit, I do see separate paragraphs, and I save them that way. But in the actual online store, it's all glommed together.

Message 2 of 5
Square Community Moderator

Hey there @sld_jolh

Thank you for reaching out to us on the Community! From what I can see, there was an issue with the the item description in the Online Store a while back. I double-checked the ticket and it has been resolved. 

Could you send a private message over a screenshot of what you're looking at? I will keep an eye out for your reply. 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 3 of 5

Hi @Kassi_  I ended up calling square support, who transferred me to weebly support, they were puzzled initially but they were able to help me in the end. Not sure I understand all of it, but apparently there's a syncing option that had to be turned off, and there seems to be 2 editors, sort of ??? Whenever I want to edit anything I have to go to the weebly editor instead the square editor. Very confusing, but I did manage to introduce blank lines and paragraphs in my item descriptions.

Thank you for your help! 

Message 4 of 5
Square Community Moderator

@sld_jolh

Good to hear! Happy to help!

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 5