x

Will instant deposit go through even with supported debit card that is not valid?

My bank issued a new debit card which I have not verified with my square account.  The old debit card is still 'supported", but if I choose Instant Deposit using my old debit card will it still deposit in my account?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square

If the card is still linked in the app we'll attempt it, however, the deposit will likely be rejected if the card number is closed and the funds will be returned to your Square balance right away. If you haven't already, I would definitely suggest updating your deposit info first, rather than attempting to use the old card info. Thanks for posting!

Message 2 of 4

I ran into the same issue recently, with an old debit card linked to my account.  By bank did end up rejecting the deposit. However, I have not receieved the fund back into my square account and it has been 7 business days. I am starting to worry.

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

@dontejanae Once the funds get kicked back from your bank account, it can take a few business days from that date to see them appear. 

Keep an eye out for them, and if you don't see it within a reasonable amount of time give our Support Team a call and we can try to locate the funds for you. 

Message 4 of 4