x

can I alphabetize variants

Can I alphabetize the variants in a item list? For example if Books is one on my items and I have 100 different titles of books, it would be super helpful if they could come up as an alphabetized list. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Admin

Hey @littlelarkok!

Regular items are alphabetical, but unfortunately variables are not at this time. I know having this feature would be super helpful (especially with books, because there are a TON). So I've flagged this feature to our product team.

Don't be a stranger here in the Community. Let us know if any other questions come up.

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 2 of 3

I called a square representative on 9/6/23, they told me you could not put “variations” in alphabetical order after you have created variations under a specific category. Let’s say you are adding new variations to an exiting category with current variations. Simply click and hold the 4 lines to the left of each individual variation, you can then slide the variation to the order you’d like. I have learned more about Square on my own, than from asking questions with a Square representative, because most do not know. 

Message 3 of 3